Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone Rental

Phone Rental

Hello,

We are coming to Aruba in November. I read about discountcellaruba.com. It sounds like they will bring the phone to your resort (staying at Tamarijn) and pick it up and it's $45 for the week? Do you know how many minutes that is for?

Aruba since 1979
    http://arubadiscountcell.com/pu.html

check their site
    it is 90 min for $50
    and
    60 min for $40
    the company gets good reviews.

additional minutes may be added on.

Thank you! That sounds great! Just what I was looking for. We will use that for sure!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we always rent from them. Trees is so sweet. Andrea is right about the amount. We get the basic phone, nothing fancy. As a matter of fact, I was just talking to my hubby today about that. We really didn't use it that much at all this past trip. I have my regular phone (at $1.99 a minute) for emergencies. I'm thinking of doing Skype. I really just need to call home to check on my cats. And my stepdaughter has skype. Last time, I think I called home like 3 or 4 times. we texted mostly through the tablet.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    we always rent from them. Trees is so sweet. Andrea is right about the amount. We get the basic phone, nothing fancy. As a matter of fact, I was just talking to my hubby today about that. We really didn't use it that much at all this past trip. I have my regular phone (at $1.99 a minute) for emergencies. I'm thinking of doing Skype. I really just need to call home to check on my cats. And my stepdaughter has skype. Last time, I think I called home like 3 or 4 times. we texted mostly through the tablet.
    We always take our laptop with us and have used Skype the last 3 years. We put $10 on our Skype account then and still have a balance of $3.28. I also heard that you can put a Skype app on your smart phone or tablet. It does require WIFI but we get that anyway.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    my friend told me since we have Ipads, to use facetime but the other person has to have either an ipad or iphone. the only one i would talk to is my stepdaughter who is cat sitting and she has an iphone so we are going to attempt that.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    We always take our laptop with us and have used Skype the last 3 years. We put $10 on our Skype account then and still have a balance of $3.28. I also heard that you can put a Skype app on your smart phone or tablet. It does require WIFI but we get that anyway.
    Yes, that is true (Skype can be installed on smartphone or tablet). You can also deposit money into your Skype account and make Skype to land line calls (i.e. call the other person on their phone so they don't need Skype). Rates are very reasonable..

now that sounds interesting. I have to check that out

We find for the $40 or $50 you spend- its worth it. Very tiny phone you can bring anywhere and not have to worry about theft compared to a nice iPhone or iPad. Those little phones hold their charge forever. It has a good flashlight on it for those early morning papala trips. Trees does drop it off and pick up. Its waiting at the front desk when we check in and she gives you the phone number a week ahead of time to give to family. Nice for dinner reservations and such.
    Sean and Susan

Aruba since 1979
    we have our aruba cell...a cheapo nokia that we load with 90 minutes per visit.
    it is great in a pinch when we are not in wifi area for iphone and ipad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast