Aruba Beach

Thread: Planning a trip to Aruba

Planning a trip to Aruba

I am planning a trip to Aruba the end of December this year. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like and the water temp at that time? I would also like to know more about the crime rate in Aruba. Someone told me that they have their own justice system. Are Americans safe there?? RM

Quote Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like and the water temp at that time?
    December weather
    Average high temperature 87 F.
    Average low temperature 76 F.
    Average temperature 80 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average rainfall 3.3 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 15 mph

In December '07, our first trip during "rainy season" it rained just about every single morning but in 13 days, all but one day, the sun was out by 10 a.m. The other day it remained cloudy until about 2 pm. Made for a great day of snorkeling and a long relaxing lunch. Other times of the year we have experienced short 10 minute afternoon showers, just heavy enough to drive us under our shade palapa on the beach, but no further.

Do not fear bad weather in Aruba.
    I would also like to know more about the crime rate in Aruba. Someone told me that they have their own justice system. Are Americans safe there?? RM
    U.S. State Dept. Background Note: Aruba http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/22491.htm

U.S. State Dept. Travel Information
    http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1153.html

http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1153.html#crime
    "CRIME:
    The crime threat in Aruba is generally considered low although travelers should always take normal precautions when in unfamiliar surroundings. There have been incidents of theft from hotel rooms and armed robberies have been known to occur. Valuables left unattended on beaches, in cars and in hotel lobbies are easy targets for theft. Car theft, especially that of rental vehicles for joy riding and stripping, can occur. Vehicle leases or rentals may not be fully covered by local insurance when a vehicle is stolen or damaged. Be sure you are sufficiently insured when renting vehicles and jet skis.

Parents of young travelers should be aware that the legal drinking age of 18 is not always rigorously enforced in Aruba, so extra parental supervision may be appropriate. Young female travelers in particular are urged to take the same precautions they would when going out in the United States, e.g. to travel in pairs or in groups if they choose frequenting Aruba’s nightclubs and bars, and if they opt to consume alcohol, to do so responsibly."

I believe many here would tell you they feel safer in Aruba than they do at home in the U.S. Take the same reasonable precautions you would at home in the U.S., lock all valuables in your hotel room safe and do not leave valuables in rental cars and you should be just fine.

More info Safety /aruba/other Vacation Spots
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-01-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Thank you for your response concerning the weather. Can you tell me what the temperature would be? We are beach people and we want to know if it will be warm enough to relax on the beach and swim. thank you.

December weather
    Average high temperature 87 F.
    Average low temperature 76 F.
    Average temperature 80 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average rainfall 3.3 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 15 mph
    By all means, it will be hot enough to swim and sunbathe in December.
    I brought a light cotton sweater for our December trip. I wore it once. The air conditioning in one of the restaurants was too cold for me. Even nightime temperatures are in the upper 70's.

That's great to know! Thanks. I live in Colorado. And I want to escape some of the winter snow & cold for a week. 80's would be nice during the day to swim and sunbathe. Rosanne

Gosh, did you have that snow last week too? We have friends in Colorado and they tell us it has been an utter miserable end to winter.