Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Returning after 10 years!!

Returning after 10 years!!

Well we officially have reservations to return to the island a full 10 years since out last visit. First time was honeymoon in September 2001 and we are returning for our 10th anniversary!!

We have some very memorable moments from the first trip. Sunset at the Lighthouse, Kukoo Kunuku, natural bridge, butterfly farm, fishing, and just being out and about on the lovely island.

10 years ago the information was not as readily available as it is nowadays. Back then I remember reading trip report after trip report to try and lock down what we would do. Now there is so much more info and so many more must visit restaurants that I am certain one week will not be enough.

Last time we did French Steakhouse, El Gaucho, Lighthouse, Pago Pago, and Chez Matilde. We did not care for Chez or Lighthouse much, really enjoyed the others. Pago Pago made us a fresh fish dinner from the Mahi Mahi I caught on a charter boat so that was cool.

I think for that we have to try Pago Pago again - and to go back to the Westin which was the Wyndham last time we stayed there. We are at the Divi Dutch this time thanks to a very generous friend who used his points for the reservation only costing us taxes

Many years between, a few pounds added, as well as 2 kids - though they are staying with grandma and grandpa for the time we are away I am exited to see the island again and 4 months seems like forever away but I know it will get here fast. I will be reading through the threads and compiling a list of must do's in the meantime. Thanks for a great forum and sorry for the long newbie opening post but you all know the excitement we are feeling.

Now someone get me some decent airfare from DTW!!! Dang gas prices.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome back and welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

lighthouse restaurant still gets mediocre and poor reviews.
    chez mathilde is no longer :-(

you WILL have a ball.

pago pago, excellent reviews!

I have been reading that Pago Pago lost some luster for a while but there seems to be a new chef and it is back....can't wait to find out.

Welcome back ..... oh the changes you'll notice in the hi-rise area. But, you'll love the beach at the Divi and the dining options outside the downtown area have exploded since 2001 .
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Oh welcome back. I can feel your excitement--we will be there soon too! Enjoy this great forum as well.
    Pat

From what I have read Passions would be a good spot for a sunset anniversary night dinner huh? Last time we were there this time of year it did not seem real busy is that still the case? We will be traveling from 8/27 to 9/3.

American family's are back in the states starting school and the South Americans start coming in September. Not too crowded, not too crazy and a nice mix of cultures. You picked a great time.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Hi Milocoman, You might want to try Papiamentos my spelling may be way off on this but I took my wife for our anniversary it was very nice, but MJ'S is the best a must go when you are there. Welcome back to Aruba.
    Next Aruba trip in

Flights are officially booked, no turning back now Will look into both of those thanks.

Good! You don't want to turn back; you just want to, instead, "Look forward to returning to Paradise." I can only wish it were me returning; but, on the other hand, have a wonderful time and let us know about your return in a trip report.

Welcome to the forum.

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast