Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Short trip to Aruba - First time :)

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Done both, 2 different boats
    jolly Pirate- schooner type boat, rope swing,covered area from sun, booze and food. Snorkel essentially same stops as Palm Pleasure. Ages vary. Not as much seating as Palm Pleasure

Palm Pleasure- 100 ft catamaran, net to lay in, cover from sun, snacks, booze, music. 2 stops.
    win win on boat

However.... Our fav is The Black Pearl. Check out the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. 20 person catamaran with lounge chairs. Snorkel stops, great staff, class act with no loud music. Book on line

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJames View Post
    "beach time?? You must get to a beach." - I noted the urgency in that statement -lol

Jolly pirate seems like a better deal than Palm Pleasure. Have you done any of the two?

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    Have you found an apartment that will rent for less than a week? I was under the impression that apartment and home owners will rent for only a week or longer. And if you won't have a vehicle, it is nice to stay in a beach front property since you can walk to whatever you need.

I agree with the comments that you need beach time. One of the biggest lures of Aruba is the beaches and beautiful water. There is nothing better than sitting on a chair for the day enjoying the water and sand; and it's a great way to meet people (if you want).

Downtown can certainly be covered in one day. What is it you're looking for downtown? Restaurant, shopping, sites, gambling?? It can all be seen in a day. The only time I revisit downtown anymore is if there was something I saw in a shop that I haven't found elsewhere. But there are many shops at the hotels along the beach and the mall across from the Holiday Inn. The traffic has gotten crazy going through town.

Same type question about a snorkel cruise. What are you looking for? The Jolly Pirate is the favorite of my family, but I have a 17 and 19 year old and it is the perfect cruise for them. The crew has always been friendly and went out of their way to get my somewhat reserved daughter to participate in the rope swing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12