Aruba Beach

Thread: staying @ Ocean Club & Activity and Dining questions

Exclamation staying @ Ocean Club & Activity and Dining questions

My husband and I are vacationing in Aruba very soon (Sept. 3-10) and staying at the Marriott Ocean Club. We are from the U.S. and in our mid 20s. We have already booked the Atlantis Submarine excursion and looking to do the Natural Pool Jeep Tour. We would love to try some of the local cuisine and immerse ourselves in the culture. We welcome any suggestions people have (bars, nightlife, food, festivals, bus system, what to do and bring, etc.). Thank you!

Loved the natural bridge before it collapsed...now not so much...view from lighthouse, sunset drinks at the Hyatt, tearing it up on the north side with a rental jeep...I could go on for hours....
    Good morning...I am new around her too but am on my fourth trip - WAY less than some of the experts you'll meet here. Anyway I'll be there in October and here's what I've learned so far - Simply Fish, Passions on the Beach are not to be missed. Many rave about Madam Jeanettes (sp?), and Im looking into the Old Man and the Sea down in Savaneta. Your seem to have a handle on tours but should check out Aruba Trikes if you haven't already...seems you don't have to be a biker to enjoy it...I would also check out Aruba Bob's Snorkeling...oh forgot to tell you to check out Carte Blanche...expensive but supposed to be fantastic restaurant...and I see many also rave about Flying Fishbone. I believe that Thursdays down in San Nicolas is a Carrubian Festival that looks interesting. Good luck and have a great time, and don't forget to type up your trip details in the My Aruba Story area on the forum!

Couple of others not to be missed:

El gaucho's
    Tomato Charlies (late night pizza)
    Senor Frogs

I also use the bus to go back and forth to downtown, never any problems and cheap..
    Have fun!!!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/pdf/Calen...vents_2012.pdf
    check out the "event calendar" for september -click link

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...expensive.html

If you had to pick three...

and too, check the above links for restaurants :-)

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

and the bus site is
    www.arubus.com

you will find that the bis service in aruba is extraordinary
    go to the "getting around aruba" category for information of moving around aruba

http://www.aruba.com/home/search.aspx?search=festival

this link above, take note of the bon bini festival and the carubbian festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciera_14 View Post
    My husband and I are vacationing in Aruba very soon (Sept. 3-10) and staying at the Marriott Ocean Club. We are from the U.S. and in our mid 20s. We have already booked the Atlantis Submarine excursion and looking to do the Natural Pool Jeep Tour. We would love to try some of the local cuisine and immerse ourselves in the culture. We welcome any suggestions people have (bars, nightlife, food, festivals, bus system, what to do and bring, etc.). Thank you!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-01-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Welcome to the Forum. Of course, as you already know, you have come to the right place to get good advice and answers to your questions.

Enjoy.

Ed

Thank you all! Are there any cool markets (souvenirs, handmade items, food)?

Aruba since 1979
    where is best shopping place to buy
    try this link above for some info

in the hi rise area, in front of the playa linda resort.........there sometimes is a local artist that does wonderful paintings (acrylic)... check it out if you remember

also too, head over to the SHOPPING category on this forum

:-)QUOTE=ciera_14;232900]Thank you all! Are there any cool markets (souvenirs, handmade items, food)?[/QUOTE]

Smile

Welcome to the board. Aruba is the most repeat destination in the world. When you go once, you get hooked and some day you will be going back for the 28th time like me. I have traveled all over the place and now we have settled for Aruba!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba was AMAZING!

Smile

Glad you liked it. You can write a trip reveiw so we can see all the highlights of the trip.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017