Aruba Beach

Thread: Tam and/or Divi costs

Tam and/or Divi costs

Starting to plan our first trip & after reading these helpful boards, think either the Tam or Divi is where we'd like to stay. Would anyone share what the approx cost per night is at either place? And is there much variance in price depending upon the time of year that you go? I'm assuming school vacation & Christmas/New Year's holiday would be on the high end. Is there truly an off-season rate?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Christmas/New Years are the most expensive season of the year. Otherwise low season is mid-April to December 19 (or whatever the last Friday usually is before Christmas week).

Many times the price of your package will vary depending upon airfares. Try to travel mid-week for the least expensive fares.

The Divi is more expensive than the Tamarijn. I am not sure why.

We book our Aruba travel through MCM Tours http://www.aruba4u.com/ They sell only travel to Aruba and we have had great success with them.

Thanks for the info Lisa. We're pretty much open to traveling anytime so are more concerned about total cost than weather since it sounds like there's not much difference from season to season weatherwise- other than the winds. I've tried checking online through aruba4u.com (and other sources) for reservations at many different weeks in 2009 but always wind up with no room/flight available. Guess we'll have to firm up a date and I'll call them directly. I was just looking for a ballpark cost per night for a room so we'd be prepared and would know how many nights we could stay. We'd need to book three rooms. Are we looking at more than $300/night?

Also, might it be cheaper to book the flight separately? It looks like this site only sells packaged deals.

Quote Originally Posted by irishiwas View Post
    Thanks for the info Lisa. We're pretty much open to traveling anytime so are more concerned about total cost than weather since it sounds like there's not much difference from season to season weatherwise- other than the winds. I've tried checking online through aruba4u.com (and other sources) for reservations at many different weeks in 2009 but always wind up with no room/flight available. Guess we'll have to firm up a date and I'll call them directly. I was just looking for a ballpark cost per night for a room so we'd be prepared and would know how many nights we could stay. We'd need to book three rooms. Are we looking at more than $300/night?

Also, might it be cheaper to book the flight separately? It looks like this site only sells packaged deals.
    Most of the big travel websites I believe still give you a choice to book hotel and airfare separately. It usually comes out cheaper if there are discounted fares available. No matter who you book through, the total price of the package, if the airfare is included, is going to be dependent upon the airfare.

I should have added that for the best pricing with MCM, definitely telephone them for the best pricing. They probably do not have rates yet for 2009. Airfares vary, but for the most part, airlines do not begin selling fares until 330 days prior to departure, this could be another reason why you are having difficulties with rates from online sources this far in advance.

MCM would be able to price a package for you both with and without airfare in order for you to determine, which is least expensive. Our upcoming trip we booked "hotel only" because we are using frequent flier tickets and it is never a problem.