Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Andrea J.
  • 3 Post By Jacki

Thread: Trolling is unacceptable..Please do not Feed the trolls

Aruba since 1979

Angry Trolling is unacceptable..Please do not Feed the trolls

We have had a few posts recently that were posted IMO just to create fear, havoc and reaction.

Here is a reminder from the "rules" about Trolling.

This is not necessarily for the trollers but for those of us (me included) that feed the trolls.

Thank you all for reporting those posts by using the Report link or by private message.

Trolls and Trolling
    Trolls are not welcome and will be banned. An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. They try to start arguments and upset people. Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they donít "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their "achievement" (as they see it). The anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish. They are easily identified by the fact that they are constantly at odds with other members of the forum, and often "poke fun" at individuals they have disagreed with in the past, trying to provoke a reaction. Finally, trolls create a paranoid environment, such that a casual criticism by a new arrival can elicit a ferocious and inappropriate backlash. When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing that trolls canít handle is being ignored. Again we will ban anyone who practices "Trolling".

Thanks, Andrea, this is so very well written. There is no way that the point of your remarks cannot be understood. You, indeed, are so very valuable to the forum.

Ed

I hope I am not a troll!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    nope, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    In my book, being concerned about acting trollish is NOT being a troll.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I must admit that I did not know what a troll was until now. This is the only place I post anything though so I am not real familiar with the lingo.

Wikipedia definition:
    In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into anemotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ