Aruba Beach

Thread: Two Questions - Mosquitoes - Divi AL

Two Questions - Mosquitoes - Divi AL

My boyfriend and I were talking about our trip last night and he asked me a question - now that's funny to begin with because he has been there and I haven't but he said I know much more about the island because of you guys - LOL. Anyway, has the mosquito problem gotten any better? Also, he said when he has stayed at all inclusives in the past, you could only go to each of the restaurants (other than the buffets) once while you were there. Does anyone know if that is true of the Divi/Tam? I didn't see anything about that on their website. Thanks so much for all your help. I'm so ready to leave now!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about the mosquitos because I won't be there until Tuesday however, I can help you with the restaurants. Everytime I go there I only eat at the buffet once and at the restaurants every other day. So yes, you can go to the a la carte restaurants everyday if you want to.

No problem with mosquitoes,but it seemed like more flies.I just returned 11/8/08

Welcome home Danny.

hockeymom, check out my post at Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 Food, Beverage & Service

"My parents arrived at the Tamarijn a few hours prior to us so Mom was in charge of making dinner reservations. She was able to make reservations for the first three nights of our stay. Reservations the first day work out essentially, you get whichever seating's are left for the night you arrive and, except for those who have checked in already before you that day, you have first dibs on the next two nights. Then the following morning beginning at 8 a.m. you can make reservations for your fourth night's dinner and so on for the successive days. My husband is an early riser so was there at 8 a.m. each morning. The resort was full capacity for some of the nights we were there. On New Year's Eve, because of all the new check-ins of those who could book the 3 nights in advance, instead of 8:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. our reservation for that night was 8:45 p.m. We do not mind eating late, especially on New Year's Eve, a 15 minute difference was no big deal. Most every other evening we were able to reserve a table at 7:30 p.m. It was very sad arriving at the restaurants, which were supposed to be booked solid, and they sat half empty. From talking to the staff, they explained that from drinking all day, people get tired, take a nap and then sleep right through their dinner reservation."

If you have been limited in your dining experience at other all inclusives, you will love the Divi/Tam. You will only be limited by your ability to make a reservation.

FWIW, if we could only eat at the Red Parrot and Paparazzi for our dinners we are just fine. In a total of 24 nights vacation at the Tamarijn, we have yet to eat at the buffet for dinner.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-09-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Thank you - that certainly answers my questions. My boyfriend will be happy to hear that - and of so impressed that I have the answer to his question so quickly. You guys are the best!! I have learned so much from all the great people on this board. I can wait to get there so I can check out everyone's suggestions. This is my first "real" vacation in over 20 years. (I don't count renting a cottage for a week and hockey tournaments as vacations!!). Now if those pesky mosquitos just stay away. We love sitting on the beach at night! But I have already stocked up on bug spray so we'll handle it....thanks again everyone!!!!

You should be just fine! Enjoy what sounds to be a much deserved vacation.

Our favorite at the divi/tam is the palm grill. I thought paparazzi was bordering on bad, though the red parrot is pretty good.

We have been here since Nov. 4 and have NOT had a problem with mosquitos...and believe me...they love me!!! had dinner a couple nights on the beach and no problem what so ever

Hi packmybacks!

Happy to hear that the mosquitos are not waiting for me!
    Soon we will be back on the Sunny(?) Island.
    Could you be so nice and drop down some lines how the beach from TAM/DIVI looks like?

Have a nice day
    flying dug

Baby Beach -just to be lazy and float on my raft and snorkle too

Bring some bug spray

I would recommend bringing some bug spray. We were at the Divi Dutch Village behind the Tam and we got bit once the sun went down.

There were not bugs in the day time but at night when watching the sunset and right after we were getting bites.

Better to have it and not need it than to not have it.

Have a great time.