Aruba Beach

Thread: Visiting for the 1st time!!

JYo

Question Visiting for the 1st time!!

We're coming in mid-May, staying at the Manchebo. Does anyone have any positive/negative comments on Manchebo? Are we making a mistake? We prefer low-rise, not all-inclusive and the Manchebo seemed to be what we were looking for but I still have time to make a change!!!

Manchebo should be fine. It is right on the beach.

Enjoy you trip!!!!
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

JYo

Tom & karen, Thankyou

thanks for your quick response!
    If you had a preference, however, where would you stay? We like the idea of being on the beach, but I read in the Forum that "no one raves about the food there." we love to eat, food is a big factor!

We are going to Aruba for the first time also and chose the Manchebo. With all the great places to eat that have been suggested by many of the members of this wonderful forum, I don't think I'd worry about the food not being so great at the hotel.
    Debbie

We own a house in Aruba. But prior to buying it, we always stayed at the Holiday Inn. I doubt with their current beach rules if we would still be staying there now, though.

The Manchebo & Bucuti (next door) would be our top choices, with the Amsterdam Manor also at the top of the list.

For dinners, all resturants are a short taxi ride. Also, there is public bus & a round trip ticket to town or the high rise area is very cheap ($3.00 to $4.00). At he high rise area, there are many resturants. We go to Smokey Joe's for ribs, & Salt & Pepper for lunch or dinner. Both are very reasonable price.

In the area you are staying we like Tulip's (lower price), Chalet Suisse & Passions. Both are higher price and Passions is on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor.

If you like, PM me your address and I will send you some current books from Aruba. I have the "Island Gourmet" & "Nights" & the "Aruba Experience" wich contains a nice map of Aruba.

Enjoy,
    Tom & Karen

Quote Originally Posted by JYo View Post
    thanks for your quick response!
    If you had a preference, however, where would you stay? We like the idea of being on the beach, but I read in the Forum that "no one raves about the food there." we love to eat, food is a big factor!
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7