Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Well we are finally here!!!

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!

Well we are finally here!!!

It has taken a long time, but FINALLY we are beginning our life on Aruba! We are Ed and Liz Ginocchio and we starting coming to Aruba in 2003. Our first trip to Aruba was in the early 90's, as a stop over on our way to Bonaire. We lived on Bonaire from 2004 until 2011. We returned to the US in March of 2011, but the Caribbean could not come out of our blood!!!

So here we are.. now living and working on our new business and we are so very excited. Even though we have many years of experience with visiting Aruba, we are still learning our way around.. OMG.. the island is truly spectacular.. and NOT just the beaches....

We are looking for a nice "kunuku" style area.. not too rustic (though hubby does like the mondi..) I need to be close to the tourist area (Noord near high rise, etc), but hubby wants enough yard to have some chickens.. Any suggestions for areas that are nice and safe (which I know the majority are).. We were looking out more toward the west coast... 3 bedroom 2 bath.. probably will purchase beginning of next year. Probably looking around $250K budget but can deal with a little of a "fixer" for less. For now we will be staying at some rentals we have..but will need something permanent of our own.

Thanks Aruba peeps.. we are so excited! Masha danki y bon nochi!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting!

i was thinking of moving this to "my aruba story" or moving to aruba, but for now it'll stay put here.
    enjoy.

How exciting!!! I hope you stick around and share your experience with all of us who are so jealous!!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    what is your business there? excited for you!

How exciting! Wishing you the best with your endeavors!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    How exciting! Wish you lots of luck!

And funny: Just last night I listened to a podcast where the subject was:

EP19: Relocating to Aruba With Cheryl Talcof

http://onehappypodcast.com/ep19/

It's 50 minutes long but it was sooo interesting and exciting to listen to Cheryl Talcof's story and her experiences.

Aruba since 1979
    great suggestion G
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    How exciting! Wish you lots of luck!

And funny: Just last night I listened to a podcast where the subject was:

EP19: Relocating to Aruba With Cheryl Talcof

http://onehappypodcast.com/ep19/

It's 50 minutes long but it was sooo interesting and exciting to listen to Cheryl Talcof's story and her experiences.

As everyone has said, it is exciting to relocate to the place of your dreams. Tell us more!

Can you adopt me?
    Enjoy your new adventure..

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!

Thanks all for the encouragement!

Hubby and I used to own a resort on Bonaire, so we decided to do vacation rental management. We have 2 houses that we rent out, and are looking for our own now. We are so excited... I would provide more info here, but I don't want to break the rules (with advertising, I'm really not) and I don't have permission to have a signature line.. Administrators how do I do that???

We have been looking and love the area around Paradera, Tamajin and Ayo. It is rustic and perfect for us. There is not much for sale though.. so we will keep looking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast