Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHOA! Aruba Here I Come! (By Backpacking)

Oh to be young and do what you are going to do. Sounds like so much fun, well for you, I am too old. Please keep us posted and take plenty of pictures. I can't wait to hear all your stories. Have a wonderful time.
    Pat

Check out my new post with all my gear:

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/aruba...-before-49744/

Like I said, this sounds wonderful. I hope all goes well. When are you planning on going? Good luck with everything. The people in Aruba are so nice, what stories you will be able to tell!!!
    Pat

Well if it comes down to me having to fly, ill go next month (march). I'm writing emails to alot of different companies to see if I can maybe get a discounted rate on a cargo or cruise ship, just to aruba. One way plane tickets are cheap cheap cheap, so thats how id get home. Its a shame I can only stay 30 days lol.

JUST 30 days. LOL Wish I could ONLY stay 30 days. lol. Have a great time. I have never seen anyone as organized as you. You pack so well. Good luck on getting to Aruba, and I know you will have a great time. How exciting. I don't know you, but I am very happy for you. Don't forget to give us a trip report. I wish you were going to be there in May, my husband and I would have loved to meet you. Oh who knows, you may still be there. lol
    Enjoy,
    Pat

Pat, I promised a friend of mine i'd take her to Aruba, in May. haha she's in college so we had to wait for her brake, maybe we will meet up on the island, it would be really cool to meet a fellow forum member.

Local Vegan

Hey Ariel I'm a Local Vegan. What your going to do is awesome!

Can't wait for you to arrive and meet you!

I have my hammock ready hahaha!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    WOW! Very brave.

For sure, you will need a name, address and phone number where you are staying for the immigration officer at the airport.

Good Luck with your trip and I look forward hearing about your adventures and seeing your photos.

I've got my first 5 night all taken care of for the immigration officer. Staying on the northwestern side of the island close to the Cali lighthouse.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Cool! That's a great area to stay and start from.

Aruba is a small island... so they say. But going from one end to the other, it stretches quite a way. When I was the first time on Aruba, I think I drove over 1,500 km. Or was it miles? Exploring the island. A rental car for a week was under $200.

Just thought if you might consider. You could cover the places which are hard to reach by foot and still spend lots of time discovering details and spending time of places of your interest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast