Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Aruba?

Why Aruba?

We are going to Aruba for the first time in early July. I have noted a passion for Aruba here on the board and I wonder why. From only a small bit of research, it seems that, beside gorgeous beaches (and expensive food), Aruba is just another island. I have been to most islands in the Caribbean and I have seen many beautiful beaches. So what makes Aurba special? Maybe I have missed something.

It is the atmosphere created by all the people there; locals and Aruba loving tourists alike, everywhere you go you are surrounded with kindness and joy. I traveled the world before I found Aruba, what a waste of time..

I have been to many, many carribean islands and Aruba stands out amongst the rest. It is not the most beautiful of all the islands (being a desert does not lend itself to lush, green foilage) but it is a SAFE and fun place to be. There is no other island in the Carribean that you can walk safely through the streets, drive around easily, have fantastic weather, great beaches and the Aruban people are truly beautiful people. Oh yes, the restaurants are tops!

Why do we love Aruba.....
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortinTexas View Post
    We are going to Aruba for the first time in early July. I have noted a passion for Aruba here on the board and I wonder why. From only a small bit of research, it seems that, beside gorgeous beaches (and expensive food), Aruba is just another island. Aruba's restaurant prices are very comparable to other caribbean islands/countries. I have been to most islands in the Caribbean and I have seen many beautiful beaches. So what makes Aurba special? Maybe I have missed something.
    what makes aruba special IN MY OPINION are the people. the arubans are a proud and kind and friendly people.
    Some of us live by the 10 commandments
    Arubans have 11 commandments.....the 11th being Though shall be friendly and hospitable to our guests.

Arubans treat us as GUESTS.

That is what makes it special to many of us.

Welcome to the forum
    check out the culinary/cuisine threads with special attention to Madam Janette, and Old Man and the Sea.

Andrea

The island of Aruba has a magical spell on all that visit each year.Its a number of things,the people,weather and the great restaurants.Not to mention it is a very safe place to be.Believe us you will be hooked on Aruba our home away from home.Our 13th year in a row 20th visit.
    Last edited by DANNYO; 04-25-2009 at 09:29 PM.

We take the family with us, and bottom line, it is safe. There is really nowhere on the island i would not drive to. You can drive out to local neighborhoods and snorkel. I hear you can't do that on all Caribbean islands. nad, the people are great.

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island

Aruba is one special Island

Aruba holds a special spot in all of our hearts for different reasons
    but I think the best way to explain our passion for the island is a home away from home feeling that you get. When I first walk out of the airport and take in a deep breath of Aruba air starts my heart with excitement as I know for the next 2 weeks my island get away is just reaching out to me to RELAX and ENJOY the island hospitality can't ask for anything better than that.
    Well that is the best way I can put it - but we all have our ways of explaining our love for Aruba and its people.

#1. Powder white sand beaches are very important to our family.
    Islands with imo, comparable beaches: Grand Cayman and Barbados' western coast. Both Grand Cayman and Barbados are hit by hurricanes. Aruba though not out of the hurricane belt, is at the southern end and at the most, receives a glancing blow with the exception of the 100 year storm.

#2. With an average rainfall of 21 inches per year, we go to Aruba for the "guaranteed weather". You only have to spend once 7 day vacation in a hotel room in Puerto Rico watching the downpours to learn that lesson.

#3. Excellent food at fair prices on an island where everything is flown or shipped in. There are still inexpensive options. We scrimp and save at home for our one big vacation a year, so not a factor for us.

#4. Safe, safe, safe. Many people disagree, but dh, though well traveled, does not like to be on guard while trying to have a relaxing vacation. Aruba fits the bill for him: very Americanized. Too much for many/some, but a comfort for others. Besides Americans, Arubans love US fast food. Our family does not do fast food there or here in the states.

#5. No currency conversions, US currency accepted everywhere.

#6. Mostly watersports, but a very wide range of activities.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortinTexas View Post
    We are going to Aruba for the first time in early July. I have noted a passion for Aruba here on the board and I wonder why. From only a small bit of research, it seems that, beside gorgeous beaches (and expensive food), Aruba is just another island. I have been to most islands in the Caribbean and I have seen many beautiful beaches. So what makes Aurba special? Maybe I have missed something.
    Its not a passion, its an obsession!!!!
    All the other Carribean islands out there, and I have been to all of them, can not be compared to Aruba. Once there you would be hooked.
    Let me ask you this question, WHY did you choose it? Your research isn't complete and after visiting and returning home you won't wonder any longer cindyo

Good question CindyO - as I stated, I have been to most Caribbean islands. The main exceptions are Martinique and the ABCs (well, Montserrat as well, but it keeps blowing up). So one reason is to complete my Caribbean tour. The other (and more significant) reason is that my wife wants to go - gotta keep her happy.

JS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast