Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another newbie...

Talking Yet another newbie...

My husband and i leave for Aruba on May 1... we are from the Philadelphia area. We will be staying at the Occidental. Can anyone give us any tips regarding reservations, activities, etc. We have already booked an ATV tour and a snorkel sail. totally excited, yet i feel like i'm going to be clueless when we get there?

Welcome to the forum.

Check out some of the info at the link below for a myriad of activity ideas:
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/first%20time.html

Thank you i am also intrigued with this Balashi Bully.. what exactly is it?

Balashi is a beer ( very good I might add )

Bully is the name of a Sweet Big Guy who has a cab service that if available he will meet you and the airport and take you to the occidental I wrote you his email address in your other report

again, thank you Kathy!

Welcome newbie. Enjoy your stay, and if our firnd Bully is not available he is so great everybody ones is assistance, do call De Palm Tours, and you can ask for Howard or Sonny great tour guides been there for ever.

I have only been to Aruba twice before, I have done many of the tours offered and found the island just wonderful. The beaches are my favorite though. open for suggestions from those who know the great spots to go!
    I was just looking under the Volunteer Vacation and was trying to find information about the Aruba Reef Project. It didn't give any dates or how to contact for more information. Will be in Aruba May 8th thru 15th. Also, on my last two trips I had a great tour guide "sherman" I think he worked for DePalm tours. Would love to catch up with him again for more tours - does anyone know where he might be working these days or have an email for him (you can give him mine also) Thanks

I have only been to Aruba twice before, I have done many of the tours offered and found the island just wonderful. The beaches are my favorite though. open for suggestions from those who know the great spots to go!
    One other question - since I am traveling alone would be willing to share cab fare from airport to Renaissance....any ideas as to how I might facilitate that??

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyes View Post
    I was just looking under the Volunteer Vacation and was trying to find information about the Aruba Reef Project. Will be in Aruba May 8th thru 15th.
    The Aruba Reef Care Project is always held on the 4th of July.
    http://www.aruba.com/OurPeoplePlaces/Events/16th_annual_aruba_reef_care_project.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyes View Post
    One other question - since I am traveling alone would be willing to share cab fare from airport to Renaissance....any ideas as to how I might facilitate that??
    When you come out of the terminal at the airport there should be someone "facilitating" the taxi drivers, he will pair you up with others if you wish.

First Time Visit to Aruba

Hello,

My b/f and I will be visiting Aruba on May 10. We are also from the Philly area and today is 91 degrees...INSANE for April on the East Coast.
    My question is this:
    We want to take carry on baggage but the sunscreen is a problem. Is ANYONE familiar with the sunscreens that one can purchase in Aruba. Are they effective as I am VERY light skinned and need good protection?

Thanks

NeedsAruba BADLY!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast