Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st Trip~ 7 nights st the Surf Club!!

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    How was the ocean,clear,cloudy,seaweed?Glad you had a great vacation.GREAT PICTURES...

The ocean was perfect. The weather too - no rain. Some may say it was cloudy on some days, but we didn't notice. It was warm & breezy. We loved it!!

WildeWoman,

Can you give some more details about the Total Body Refinement spa treatment. I'd like to arrange something like this for my wife when next we're on island.

Thanks,

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

-Jacuzzi, -Eucalyptus Scented Steam Room, -Clay Body Wrap,
    -Full Body Massage 60 min, -Manicure or Pedicure, -Fruit Platter.
    Time: approx. 4 hours
    One Guest $190.00 Two Guest $370.00

This is what it includes. I planned this trip for over a year & looked at a lot of spas. The Mandara at the Ocean Club is very nice - but I wanted mine on the beach. The cabanas open right on the beach. (see pictures)

Details:

Wear your swim suit as the jaccuzi is open to the public on the beach. We arrived early - they open at 8:30 am & our treatment was at 9 am but they were very nice. They gave us a locker to store our cloths & bags, etc. then led us to the jaccuzi. We just sank right into it. After about 20-25 minutes - our girl came & got us with towels & then led us to the steam room. She brought us cold glasses of water. This room was heavenly . .all the stress just leaves your body (remember - we had been on ATV's all day the day before) - then she came & got us - after about 20-25 minutes & led us to our cabana that was set up for the body wrap. We got naked, laid down & 2 girls came in & began to apply the wrap. For you ladies, they did pull the towel down off my chest & apply the mud!! - so be prepared. Then they covered us with a towel, then wrap the sheet around us- then some type of tarp & then fold you like a burrito. Then they left the cabana & all you can hear is the ocean & the birds. It was heavenly. Not sure how long I was in the wrap - they cover your eye too - but then they come & gently unwrap you. They gave us a towel & we headed to the showers. The mud dries & we looked like Indians. It takes a while to get all the mud off. They gave us nice robes to wear - then back to the cabana for our massages. Oh My God. . .this was just heaven. A full hour - then they left again for a few minutes . .my DH fell asleep & I could hear him gently snoring on the table next to me. They return with a quiet, good morning - then we headed to the pedicure (robe on) We were given our choice of juices - the pineapple was great!!

After the pedicures, we sat in the lounger chairs with comfy cushions & ate our fruit platters while looking at Eagle beach. We were allowed to sit as long as we wanted.

It was the best day!!

Can You Tell Me How Far This Spa Place Is , In Retro To The Radisson, Looks Heavenly, Sounds Even More Heavenly, I Can Truly Picture Both Of Us In What You Wrote, Just Another Slice Of A Good Life

It is the Spa de Sol - in Manchebo resort ~ in the low rise section. We took a taxi from the Surf Club ~ $ 8.00. He dropped us at the front door of the resort. There is a resort map on a stand when you first walk in. The spa is on the beach. You walk past the restaurant to get to it.

http://www.aruba-manchebo.com

here is a link to their website. Follow the prompts to the spa - they have a spa menu listed.

thanks

http://www.manchebo.com/aruba_spas/s...packages.shtml

This is the link direct to the spa page. you can print a brochure (its in PDF format) and can make res on line. I am going to Aruba Sept 20-28 for my birthday so in addition to my sunday dinner at Matilde, I think I will do this too.

Thanks Wildewoman for your report!!!! I read it with great interest as i will be at the surf Club for a week on june 28. Like you this will be our first time and Bully is going to pick us up!!!

It's good to have tips before leaving !

How do you get in touch with Bully?
    We are going to be there in mid July and sounds like everyone loves Bully!!
    This will be our first trip and we too are staying at the Surf Club....So looking forward to visiting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast