Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2 weeks in paradise

10/1: Well today I received emails from all of the tour groups apologizing for the unfortunate circumstances regarding the Kukoo Kunuku and Mi Dushi. Kukoo even offered us a nice discount on a future trip. It will probably be next year before we can collect on that though. We piddled around the room this morning and then DW and I took off for Scott’s Brats (and Leslie’s Buns) for lunch. We had Italian Beef sandwiches and several drinks and a terrific time as always. Please, any of you reading this and going to Aruba, stop by and see Scott and Leslie. They are the most wonderful people and offer the best breakfast and lunch deals with an awesome view on Palm Beach. The kids rebooked their snorkel trip on Jolly Pirates, and had a great time and DD said it was the most fun she has had on any of her visits to Aruba. Again much time was spent at the pool. The kids stayed in and got pizza for dinner and Pam and I went to Barney’s on Scott and Leslie’s suggestion. It was schnitzel night so I got chicken schnitzel which was really good. Leslie had told Pam about the parmesan grouper so she ordered that. She said it was so good she wanted to cry. I tasted it and immediately wished I had ordered it also. We returned to the room and crashed early to get ready for our last full day on the island.

Hi WaltVB, I saw you say GO Pat's are you from Boston (BAHSton). What a great report I really enjoyed it. I have only been bacvk to Methuen for a couple of weeks and started missing it soon as I got on the plane. Rich.
    Next Aruba trip in

Actually, the VB in WaltVB is for Virginia Beach, Virginia. I worked for Raytheon in Portsmouth, Rhode Island for a number of years and have supported NUWC in Newport, RI for several more. I started watchng/listening the Patriots games back in the 80's because that was what was on TV and the radio, and became a fan. I have been a fan for a long time and stayed with them from our 2 and 12 seasons back in the day till now.

10/2: Our last full day on the island. We started the day with breakfast in the room and then a walk to Scott’s Brats to pick up our license plates. While we were there, someone ordered a Doc’s brat (a brat with cream cheese, peanut butter and jalapenos). Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered one. It was really good. DW wanted a bite and wound up eating half of it. We said our good-byes and went back for pool time. We spent time in the pool, lazy river and at the pool bar. For our last dinner we took the whole family back to Barney’s. It was grouper night and some got grouper, some steaks and my son got ribs. They were dry and overcooked and were removed from the bill with apologies. Everyone else enjoyed their selections and it was a good way to end the last day.

Aruba since 1979
    and now i 'd imagine you are packing up and getting ready for the flight home

re: barney's ribs...........what a shame. last time we ate at barneys, the friends that we were with loved the ribs and they apparently were done just right. paul and i love barney's grouper specials!!

scott's brats............sounds like an interesting combination.

walt...thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us.

=WaltVB;249608]10/2: Our last full day on the island. We started the day with breakfast in the room and then a walk to Scott’s Brats to pick up our license plates. While we were there, someone ordered a Doc’s brat (a brat with cream cheese, peanut butter and jalapenos). Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered one. It was really good. DW wanted a bite and wound up eating half of it. We said our good-byes and went back for pool time. We spent time in the pool, lazy river and at the pool bar. For our last dinner we took the whole family back to Barney’s. It was grouper night and some got grouper, some steaks and my son got ribs. They were dry and overcooked and were removed from the bill with apologies. Everyone else enjoyed their selections and it was a good way to end the last day.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for sharing your trip!!! Safe travels!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

10/3: Going home. We got up early and packed for our return flights. We checked out of the Surf Club, but spent our last couple of hours doing final laps on the lazy river, a few more times on the water slide and getting those last precious rays of sun. We got cleaned up in the fitness center locker rooms, loaded the van and took off for the airport. We dropped off the kids at the departure terminal, gassed up the van, and turned it in. We got back to the airport and began our journey. We walked in and there was one couple in front of us at the US Airways counter. Strange, but I knew what lay ahead. We had our passports and boarding passes checked and went through the first security check point. This time there was no one in front of us. We wandered through the shops and killed a few minutes until we could enter the baggage reclaim area. Our bags were the only ones there. What the heck is going on? Where are the dreaded lines that are so annoying on the last day? We marched on, threw our bags back on the conveyor, cleared US immigration and customs and went through second security, waiting on no one but the members of our group. The whole time, including stopping to shop, was probably less than 30 minutes from the counter to the gate. At some times it was as if we were the only passengers in the airport. Boy is flying on a weekday during the end of low season the way to go. We were in first class on both legs home, so the flights were as nice as could be considering we were on our way home. We got back to the house exhausted around 1:00 AM. At least we have a couple of days to decompress before getting back to work. I miss Aruba already, but the planning for next year begins.

Best breakfast in Aruba is a bacon, egg and melted gouda sandwich, or two in my husband's case. Haven't tried Mexican in Aruba, never thought it would be that good, so thanks for the review. We arrive 4 weeks from today and are there 5 weeks. Not long enough but it will have to do until our permits are approved. Bully, or Hubert or Bully's brother (who knows) will be there to pick us up at the airport and take us to our condo. They are some of the best PR people for Aruba. Does anyone know the name of the bakery Bully takes people to and where it's located? We could have spent all day there.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbrit1 View Post
    Best breakfast in Aruba is a bacon, egg and melted gouda sandwich, or two in my husband's case. Haven't tried Mexican in Aruba, never thought it would be that good, so thanks for the review. We arrive 4 weeks from today and are there 5 weeks. Not long enough but it will have to do until our permits are approved. Bully, or Hubert or Bully's brother (who knows) will be there to pick us up at the airport and take us to our condo. They are some of the best PR people for Aruba. Does anyone know the name of the bakery Bully takes people to and where it's located? We could have spent all day there.
    The bakery that he has taken us to is Bright Bakery. We loved it too. http://www.brightbakery.com/ SORRY, I KNOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC. Walt, I really enjoyed reading your trip reports. Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us. Glad to hear you are all home safe and sound. I hope we encounter the same empty airport on our trip.
    Last edited by hatteras; 10-04-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Bakeries?
    here is also a thread about bakeries.
    click above link
    QUOTE=bornbrit1;249646]Best breakfast in Aruba is a bacon, egg and melted gouda sandwich, or two in my husband's case. Haven't tried Mexican in Aruba, never thought it would be that good, so thanks for the review. We arrive 4 weeks from today and are there 5 weeks. Not long enough but it will have to do until our permits are approved. Bully, or Hubert or Bully's brother (who knows) will be there to pick us up at the airport and take us to our condo. They are some of the best PR people for Aruba. Does anyone know the name of the bakery Bully takes people to and where it's located? We could have spent all day there.[/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234