Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd report right from the trenches!

3rd report right from the trenches!

Well you couldn't ask for a better 10 days of weather (I am still going to be here for awhile) , not a drop of rain but did have a few days where it was over cast for a few hours. No big deal!

As you walk along the beach in the high rise district it is quite noticable how some of these hotels must be suffering. Getting a reservation at most restaurants is not a problem (except Madame Jeanettes!) which is both good and bad.

We have enjoyed our restuarant tour of Old Man and the Sea (going back for a second time in one trip), LG Smith (still the best steak IMO on the island and service outstanding), Madame Jeanettes (we wanted to go back a second time but couldn't get a reservation until 9pm), Gianni's (explained on another post) which we are trying again tonight so we will see if the service was an aberation, Yemanja woodfired grill (just as good as I remembered). We tried the new restaurant CHINO LATINO and it was quite good and very reasonably priced. Wouldn't classify it right up there with the above mentioned restaurants but a good lighter meal. Good value for the money. Last night we went to Blossoms CHINESE. I am not sure what is with this place but the best way I can describe them is INCONSISTENT!!! When they are on, they are on but when they are off......... Last night we found the food bland and lacking of "something", we usually love their chinese. Same story with the Japanese side. This trip it was great, last trip not so good! I really don't know what to say about them?

Surf Club beach is the best it has ever been. The ocean is great and although it has been noisey the last week with Sea Solutions back (my luck two trips and they were here both times) it is nice to see that the Surf Club are addressing and dealing with the ocean floor. No debris, sea weed to speak off. DANNYO, BE HAPPY!

I must make a comment on people and how rude and inconsiderate they can be at times. It is so sad how some people are "every man/woman for themselves". I say this due to a disgusting incident with some people on the beach. I was sitting along the water's edge with four chairs (two facing each other) quietly minding my own business. The chairs were at the end of the beach and any further you would be blocking the area where people walk along the beach (again trying to be considerate for others who walk and sit around you so you try and leave space for other people to sit too). A group of 8 people were all in a row right in front of one of the water sports hut so they couldn't get in or put out their stuff. They were asked to move so instead of going about 100 feet to an open area of the beach they decided to move right (and I mean right) in front of me. Their chairs made a "T" to mine and if the put the backs of their chairs down they would be right in my face. I couldn't believe it!! I nicely asked them if they would just be mindful of where they place the chairs as if the Bimini top is placed down it would hit the chair. Didn't take too kindly of this and started swearing and carrying on. They wan't us to move??? We kept quiet but they continued to carry on. People who were walking along the beach commented to them about not being able to get by but they didn't care. They told us that since they were squished the day before they didn't care what they did as others could suffer too?? Nice people?? Well, thankfully, they eventually moved so we didn't have to deal with them for the rest of the day just 2 hours of rude and ignorant people. Can't say I ever saw this kind of behaviour before! Very sad that we all can't be co-operative and get along. Yes, beach space can be very territorial but try and be mindful of others and give people a little breathing space when placing your chairs!

Other than that, meeting nice people and enjoying the different pace then during week 51 and 52.

Not much else to report for now. Enjoy all the snow, cold and rain, where ever you are, wish you were all here to enjoy the wonderful Arubian weather.

happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Well you couldn't ask for a better 10 days of weather (I am still going to be here for awhile) , not a drop of rain but did have a few days where it was over cast for a few hours. No big deal!

As you walk along the beach in the high rise district it is quite noticable how some of these hotels must be suffering. Getting a reservation at most restaurants is not a problem (except Madame Jeanettes!) which is both good and bad.

We have enjoyed our restuarant tour of Old Man and the Sea (going back for a second time in one trip), LG Smith (still the best steak IMO on the island and service outstanding), Madame Jeanettes (we wanted to go back a second time but couldn't get a reservation until 9pm), Gianni's (explained on another post) which we are trying again tonight so we will see if the service was an aberation, Yemanja woodfired grill (just as good as I remembered). We tried the new restaurant CHINO LATINO and it was quite good and very reasonably priced. Wouldn't classify it right up there with the above mentioned restaurants but a good lighter meal. Good value for the money. Last night we went to Blossoms CHINESE. I am not sure what is with this place but the best way I can describe them is INCONSISTENT!!! When they are on, they are on but when they are off......... Last night we found the food bland and lacking of "something", we usually love their chinese. Same story with the Japanese side. This trip it was great, last trip not so good! I really don't know what to say about them?

Surf Club beach is the best it has ever been. The ocean is great and although it has been noisey the last week with Sea Solutions back (my luck two trips and they were here both times) it is nice to see that the Surf Club are addressing and dealing with the ocean floor. No debris, sea weed to speak off. DANNYO, BE HAPPY!

I must make a comment on people and how rude and inconsiderate they can be at times. It is so sad how some people are "every man/woman for themselves". I say this due to a disgusting incident with some people on the beach. I was sitting along the water's edge with four chairs (two facing each other) quietly minding my own business. The chairs were at the end of the beach and any further you would be blocking the area where people walk along the beach (again trying to be considerate for others who walk and sit around you so you try and leave space for other people to sit too). A group of 8 people were all in a row right in front of one of the water sports hut so they couldn't get in or put out their stuff. They were asked to move so instead of going about 100 feet to an open area of the beach they decided to move right (and I mean right) in front of me. Their chairs made a "T" to mine and if the put the backs of their chairs down they would be right in my face. I couldn't believe it!! I nicely asked them if they would just be mindful of where they place the chairs as if the Bimini top is placed down it would hit the chair. Didn't take too kindly of this and started swearing and carrying on. They wan't us to move??? We kept quiet but they continued to carry on. People who were walking along the beach commented to them about not being able to get by but they didn't care. They told us that since they were squished the day before they didn't care what they did as others could suffer too?? Nice people?? Well, thankfully, they eventually moved so we didn't have to deal with them for the rest of the day just 2 hours of rude and ignorant people. Can't say I ever saw this kind of behaviour before! Very sad that we all can't be co-operative and get along. Yes, beach space can be very territorial but try and be mindful of others and give people a little breathing space when placing your chairs!

Other than that, meeting nice people and enjoying the different pace then during week 51 and 52.

Not much else to report for now. Enjoy all the snow, cold and rain, where ever you are, wish you were all here to enjoy the wonderful Arubian weather.

Randi,
    Thank You for the update on the Ocean at the Surf Club,glad to hear the weather is great.On the other hand those people that gave you a hard time should get a severe case of sunburn...ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR VACATION

Quote Originally Posted by dannyo View Post
    randi,
    on the other hand those people that gave you a hard time should get a severe case of sunburn...enjoy the rest of your vacation
    lol!!!:d
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi... Please do me a favor and tell the guys working at the watersport hut... Eddison, Randall, Angelo and whomever else that Heidi says HI!

Glad to hear your enjoying yourself... Next time those people act up go get a bucket of ice cold water and throw it on them! HAHA!

Also if you have time Randi hit up the happy hour at the Mill on Friday evenings. Its actually really fun!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi....trenches???? Glad you are having a good time. Sounds like the dinning has been on the most part excellent.
    I hate rude people. Next time bring a radio down and blast it with music.
    It is COLD here...enjoy the rays..cindyo

Aruba since 1979
    people's rudeness never seems to surprise me

enjoy your stay and do not let the jerks get to you

wishing i was there
    andrea

Randi,
    the really sad part of the rudeness is that we go on vacation to get away from that kind of behavior up here.....you would think that people would leave that kind of crap at home and just be nice because you are on vacation.....guess they are just not happy no matter where they are...says something about their characters.......
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Randi,
    the really sad part of the rudeness is that we go on vacation to get away from that kind of behavior up here.....you would think that people would leave that kind of crap at home and just be nice because you are on vacation.....guess they are just not happy no matter where they are...says something about their characters.......
    One of the nice things about traveling in a group of 20 to 30 every year like we do. If a group gets rude, we've got strength in numbers. A nice deterrent....would rather not have to use it though.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Please tell me how the conditions are today at the Surf Club? Any fights - crowding - dirty water? (we're coming in a few days and need to know whatto expect!)
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast