Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd report right from the trenches!

It has been smooth sailing since that incident last week. The beach is in better condition than ever! I am referring to the ocean. Sea Solutions just finished yesterday and they have been doing a wonderful job!

The usual stuff (chairs, palapas,etc) is all pretty much the same.

Today, the water is unusually rough seas. I went down to get my chairs on the beach and the waves are huge and the water has been reaching well up to the first row of Palapas. Last night it looks like the water went to the second row! I have never seen this in the 5 years we have been coming to the Surf Club. Still beautiful and it is actually quite a sight to see.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

That makes me nervous though bc it could make the water yucky again - oh well - nothing a bucket of beverages can cure! Thanks for the updates! We have family staying at the Ocean Club as well - as long as I don't bring my towel with me I may go sit with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I have never seen this in the 5 years we have been coming to the Surf Club. Still beautiful and it is actually quite a sight to see.
    Take pictures!

Yes! Indeed!!
    Please, someone take photos and post 'em!!!
    Not that I'm all that concerned (we'll be happy to be there whether or not we can go for a dip in the big water), we're more curious than anything.
    If anyone specifically has any photos of the beach along the Tamarijn-Divi stretch, that would be even better.
    If I'm not mistaken, that's technically called Druif Beach, isn't it?

4 weeks and a day...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

When I went out to get my chairs, I did think about going back for the camera but by the time I seriously considered getting it, it was pouring rain!!

Unfortunately, the day was a "wash out" (pardon the pun). It rained all day, which is so unusual. At the end of the day I was at the beach (met with the manager of the Surf club, great meeting) but the essence of what it was to have captured the morning scene was gone. The sun was out for 2 hours and I was sorry I missed my opportunity.

There was sea weed everywhere. For those of you who are familiar with the area, sea weed right up to the front of Hadicurari seating (those blue lounge chairs) and all throughout the Surf Club beach just prior to the 3rd row of the palapas. The waves were coming right over the first row of the palapas. All of the boats were moored and the fisherman's pier did not have a boat in sight.

The good news was the Surf Club manager was arranging for people to come and clean up the beach at 6 am tomorrow. So now worries, it will be clean. Yes, the ocean will have sea weed again but it will wash ashore and it will be cleaned up. The starting point of the ocean is/was in such good shape, I am sure it will be fine in a few days.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi ,Thank You for all the updates.Scott the manager is a good guy he will be out there with a rack cleaning.I HATE SEAWEED.

Waves, I never remember waves at Surf Club. this is new??
    Seaweed yuck, hope we have good weather this trip, it rained last time there so much in 2 days that the streets were flooded. Don't mind a little to get out of the sun for a bit but not too much. Thanks for your updates Randi We will be at the Surf in 19 days.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Waves, I never remember waves at Surf Club. this is new??
    Temporary due to weather.

http://www.weather.an/forecast/abcmarine.asp

"SYNOPSIS...COLD FRONT FROM 22N55W TO THE LEEWARD ISLANDS WILL
    WEAKEN AS IT MOVES SE ACROSS THE WINDWARD ISLANDS TODAY AND SUN.
    STRONG HIGH PRES OVER THE W ATLC WILL ENHANCE STRONG WINDS AND
    HIGH SEAS IN N TO NE SWELL OVER THE CARIBBEAN AND TROPICAL N
    ATLC WATERS THROUGH MON."

http://www.weather.an/forecast/index.asp

"Sea conditions:
    With wave heights over open waters of 1 to 2 meters (3 to 7 feet), sea conditions will be moderate. Higher breakers are expected across the North and West facing coastlines due to North to Northeasterly swells."

We had an interesting couple of weather days here in aruba! Thursday cloudy all day, Friday it rained all day with high seas, and lots of rain, yesterday morning cloudy and nice in the afternoon with high seas and lots of wind.

Today, was a gorgeous day! Very windy but the waves lessening. Aruba lisa, thanks for the good explanation of the weather. Boats have not yet returned to the fisherman pier and no water activities going on. I suspect by tomorrow or the next day, things will return to normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12