Aruba Beach
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By jbrid23456
  • 4 Post By jbrid23456

Thread: 4 weeks in Paradise

4 weeks in Paradise

We have been back a few weeks now and I thought I would offer a brief report. We arrived in Aruba on July 16 and stayed until August 13. We stayed at La Cabana for the first 3 weeks and then moved over to the Surf Club (our first time there). My wife and I took our 8 and 10-year-old grandchildren. The final week, our son and his girlfriend joined us at the Surf Club.

This is the first time we rented a car for more than a day or two. We reserved a car for 2 weeks from Wheels to Go (and then extended it for a couple more days). Apart from a problem with the key one day, we had no other problems with the rental. The rate was great. It worked out to around $30/day all inclusive. Even though we had a car, we didn't do much exploring with it. It did make the grocery shopping easier.

Since the kids liked Jolly Pirates on our previous trip, we ended up going 4 times during our stay (once a week) for their sunset cruise. Our 8-year-old granddaughter struggled with getting the courage to go on the rope swing. She made it all the way to the platform twice and backed out. Finally, on our last time on the ship, she courageously swung off the ship. The whole ship cheered. She managed one more swing that evening.

We also made 2 visits to De Palm Island. The zip line was a lot of fun. The kids went out on the banana boat several times. They were even allowed to ride in the tow boat.

We were in a 1 bedroom unit at La Cabana. We managed to secure a 1st-floor unit for 2 of the weeks which is better with the kids there. Our last week we had a 4th-floor unit which of course had great sunset views. We like La Cabana, especially with Super Foods so close. We also tend to just kick back a lot.

When we moved to the Surf Club we also downsized to a studio unit. This meant we tended to go out for dinner that week. We all really enjoyed their lazy river. I could spend hours floating on the river, drink in hand. My wife picked up a hint online that I will pass on. When you arrive, you will probably find flotation devices near the elevator left by people checking out that day. Just grab what you need and then leave them there when you check out at the end of your stay. We didn't need to purchase any flotation devices.

The grandkids really liked the Surf Club. Perhaps our next visit we will spend 2 weeks there and 2 weeks at La Cabana.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    WONDERFUL
    You 2 are terrific grandparents.

Would you consider renting a car for 4 weeks?

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Thanks

On previous trips we managed fine with the buses and the occasional cab ride.

What a great and relaxing 4 weeks. I don't think I could go back to work after a 4 week vacation in Aruba. My record is 2 weeks and I really did not want to go back.

After coming home, I have floated in my own pool with my eyes closed and tried to imagine that I was floating down the lazy river. A pina colada also helped.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I wish we had known you were at LaCabana - we could have met
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ