Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5th report, I can't believe I am still in Aruba!

5th report, I can't believe I am still in Aruba!

Well its hard to believe that I have been in Aruba for almost 3 weeks, it seems like I have been here a long time (which I have) but on the other hand it has flown by!

The three teenage boys arrived on Thursday and they are slowly getting used to the freedom of vacation. My son with two friends are enjoying their break with me and one of the friends mom. No Mexico grad trip for them so next best thing a week in Aruba!!

Some of the restaurants we have done over the past that are worth mentioning are: Que Pasa, which I have never been to before. It was excellent!! The manager Stijin, helped make our restaurant experience over the top. The food was nicely presented, fresh, tastey and just plain fabulous. Going to go to that one again before I leave. Visited Yemanji Wood fired grill again and tried their new dish. Grouper Italiano, it was wonderful and now it is a toss up between that and Grouper fillet filled with Boisin cheese....hmm.

On DH last night we went to Old Man and the Sea (again). That is truly a wonderful place. The manager is somewhat new and has done a great job in replacing and/or bringing the staff "up to speed" literally and figuratively. When we were there in December the service was quite slow but the past two times, we have been more than pleased. We had the grouper in Macadamino (spelling?) nuts and loved it. Went earlier than last time and got to enjoy the sunset which was exceptional. It was cloudy that evening and the sun was setting through the clouds...amazing. DH was not happy with me for forgetting my camera so another wonderful picture opportunity gone!

Interesting thing I learned from a local, the ocean is the coolest in Feb. when it "turns over" and then starts to warm up again in March. Last year when we came in Feb. I couldn't help remark that the water seemed cooler than in December. This was the explanation that I was given. So this year, I am here in Feb and March and I see that to be true. Not that the water is ever cold but there certainly is a difference.

Met some great new people at the beach and it has helped make the week a lot of fun for me and my friend. Amazing how you can meet people and become fast friends in such a short time. I guess same can be said about our BB friends!

That's it for now..........
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi, thanks for the post. I am looking forward to OMand the Sea! Hope the "boys" have a great time and are safe. Is this the first time for your friend? cindy

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for your great uipdates
    you do know the rest of us are living vicariously thru your reports!

enjoy
    andrea
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-14-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks for your posts Randi. We are going to Aruba for the first time in June and I like to hear your restaurant reports.
    Debbie

Randi,
    Glad you mentioned Yemanji Grill. We want to try it this year. Sound like you liked it.

Randi,
    Thanks for the updates on your vacation.Hows the ocean since Sea Solutons did the ocean.Thanks in advance...ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR VACATION...

The friends of my son's have never been here and are "blown away" by Aruba. One of the boys has never been anywhere but Orlando.
    My friend came with us last year as a couple and they had never been before. She couldn't believe that she was able to come again!

The ocean is really great, however, we have had another very windy day which stirs up the ocean. The ocean floor is vastly improved.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi, you are a good mom to have all the "boys" with you...

I will let you know how good how good a mom I am after the week!~ Actually, they have been great so far...............

Thanks Randi, for all the info. Can't wait to try Old Man and the sea this trip. Weather has been ok????? Enjoy the boys have fun.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast