Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 8/8-8/23 @ the Ritz for 20 year vow renewal

At breakfast this morning I noticed my masseuse that I had the other day giving someone a chair massage in the club level. When she was finished I inquired about that service but said I prefer the spa, lol. She said the chair massage was complementary and asked if I would like one, which of course I said yes! It was a very nice 15 minute back massage, I will return to the spa soon to see Dyvee, she was great!
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 08-20-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Last night we ended up eating on the club level for the most part. They had a large variety of food last night that was excellent as always. Here is the list- cheese empanadas, jerk chicken skewers, chicken gyoza that my wife LOVED, fresh salad, breads, of course your favorite drink, chips, nuts, variety of cheeses and crackers, tenderloin chutney heart of palm salad, local fish ceviche, gouda chews papaya chutney, crudites, chips, salsa, and GREAT chicken tenders for kids, and me, lol.

After that we headed down for several drinks with Sebastian, the nicest guy around. After about my 5th bacardi and coke of the night I went "shopping." I have always wanted a very nice watch, priced them at home and i wanted to puke....I purchased a very nice chopard watch at a fraction of what it would cost me at our regular jewelry store at home. I had been working with the store earlier on pricing and they gave me an offer I could not pass up. It was such an outstanding price I had to finish any possible wish my wife could ever have for jewelry. She received the tennis bracelet that she dreamed up. Wow will I hate my credit card bill this month, lol. I am hoping all my charges don't screw up my refinance that will happen on Thursday...they asked me on friday if I opened any new accounts- that answer is no. I am pretty sure they only update balances monthly but you can see credit inquiries instantly. If I am wrong, I am sure I will need to do a lot of explaining about my new charges. You only live once!
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 08-21-2016 at 11:53 AM.

I left out the nicest part. Our son presented mom with her present while relaxing on the balcony at the Divi Bar here at the Ritz...she started to cry.

Okay, I have a VERY short post since its 3am. Today is an example of why I love Aruba so much. I went out to zeerovers with a couple of great friends. Dinner was solid but the scene was amazing! We had a total of about 10 people. We ordered to much food, 3 beers each and it was still under 150 bucks for all of us to have 3 beers each, and eat enough.....I then went out with some of my friends gambling. It was a awful night till I played blackjack. I asked on of my island friends to be my good luck charm and have a few drinks with me...boy was he a good luck charm! I turned my 100 bucks into 1000 in under 50 minutes playing heads up against the dealer.

More tomorrow, off to bed!
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 08-22-2016 at 03:19 AM.

Awesome night & return on your money!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I should just play blackjack at this point. I have played 3 or 4 times and I am up around $1500 or so playing blackjack but not nearly as good playing poker lol. We had no power this morning for about an hour or so, not sure if the entire island was out but we were.

Today will be a very lazy day as we leave tomorrow The good news is my wife is now willing to travel via Southwest as long as we return on a Sat instead of a Sunday. This change should improve chances we come back for at least 5 nights then. I am hoping to have enough points to cover it but only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Awesome night & return on your money!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I left out the nicest part. Our son presented mom with her present while relaxing on the balcony at the Divi Bar here at the Ritz...she started to cry.
    So awesome when you can make them cry.... That's the best part of gift giving, when you know you touched their heart...

I have a soft spot in my heart...I made one of the workers here cry as well when my family presented her with flowers. We ordered the flowers to give to her because she has been fighting a health issue...yet still tries to come to work. Vianny is amazing and seeing her smile every trip makes me happy. She has been out a lot of late and we missed her and of course prayed for her speedy recovery. The people of Aruba are amazing and Vianny is just another example.

Thanks for sharing your trip Jay. Hope today was everything you could wish for and more! Have a safe trip home tomorrow.

Its been a blast sharing our trip. I am headed to bed for a good night sleep prior to heading back home in the morning. I will post again when I return home to fill in a few details. All good things must come to and end. Bon nochi

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast