Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 8/8-8/23 @ the Ritz for 20 year vow renewal

Thanks for the heads up on Las Ramblas. We had thought about going there after meeting Jackie next Weds but its already sold out for the times we would dine there according to their website. Looks like I will have to come up with plan B for dinner that night.

update- I just was on the LaCabana website and I put in a request for a seating around 6:15, time will tell. I am not worried, we will find food I was just hoping to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    make certain that you make reservations for Las Ramblas.

have you ever taken your son on the atlantis subarine ride?
    there are coupons around in the tourist bags and booklets.
    if your son shows even the slightest desire, i can guarantee he will LOVE it.
    it is safe. non chlostrophobic, huge windows and easy to get in and out.
    i am not sure that you and your wife will be thrilled, but you son most likely will go bonkers!!!
    if it is in your budget, do it!

my son went on the atlantis (in st thomas or grand cayman) 25 years ago and from that time on.... his life revolved around submarines.
    now, he is employed by the DOD as a nuke engineer for the subs in dry dock for nuke refits. (and also lt cdr navy reserve)
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 08-05-2016 at 09:53 PM.

We have not gone on the sub ride. I will take a look at it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    make certain that you make reservations for Las Ramblas.

have you ever taken your son on the atlantis subarine ride?
    there are coupons around in the tourist bags and booklets.
    if your son shows even the slightest desire, i can guarantee he will LOVE it.
    it is safe. non chlostrophobic, huge windows and easy to get in and out.
    i am not sure that you and your wife will be thrilled, but you son most likely will go bonkers!!!
    if it is in your budget, do it!

my son went on the atlantis (in st thomas or grand cayman) 25 years ago and from that time on.... his life revolved around submarines.
    now, he is employed by the DOD as a nuke engineer for the subs in dry dock for nuke refits. (and also lt cdr navy reserve)

Safe travels.. can't wait to see pictures and your review

Yay! Can't wait for your trip to start! See you next week!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Sounds like a plan Jacki. Enjoy the island, I am counting down the seconds until we join you relaxing in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Yay! Can't wait for your trip to start! See you next week!

I am finishing up laundry and I am more excited than ever! Yesterday was a very frustrating day regarding my reservations that I did not share with anyone but Andrea somewhat. I won't get into all the details other than to say it was a mini nightmare a few days prior to leaving BUT in true Ritz fashion they fixed the problem. Krystle not only solved my issues by exceeded my expectations in outstanding customer service and in the end everything is better than I could every have imagined. We will end up staying in the same room for my entire stay despite part of it being on points. I was also given the opportunity to upgrade to the Club Suite at an amazing price for all of the frustrations we experienced from our regular club room, and there was no way I could pass on the opportunity to stay in the Club Suite for my entire stay. It is a 100% surprise to my wife. I told her they came thru and fixed the issues and even upgraded us to an ocean front room....but I left the part out that its a suite with as much sq. footage as our first house, lol!

Just to clarify, it was nothing the Ritz Aruba did with my reservations...it was done thru the 800 number for the ritz using a combination of points, upgrades etc...and it did not go as smoothly as I had hoped but the great people in Aruba fixed the issues before I could almost blink.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 08-06-2016 at 06:55 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    what does the "club level" have that the regular rooms do not?

The club level rooms are all on the 7th floor. You have access to the club where they have 5 food presentations daily right on the floor, full open bar etc....just flat out amazing is how I describe the club level and the food,drinks and service they provide. The food is from the Ritz restaurants...you could eat all your meals on the club level and never feel like you missed anything, we wont but you certainly could. They have seating inside and outside to watch the sunset while you eat or drink...etc.

I had booked 3 nights on points in a regular coastline room, then 12 nights in a coastline room paying the rack rate (no discounts) and used my club upgrades to land on the club level. I get 3 upgrades yearly thru my Ritz credit card for a week a piece, we used the first one in Feb and that was excellent. We stayed in a "regular" ocean front room then on the 7th floor and it was great...this will be off the charts.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 08-06-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Glad you got your issues resolved and can now look forward to your vow renewal and vacation. Enjoy!

Thanks Peg, we are 100% focused on relaxing and enjoying ourselves. I can't believe we only have one more day at home and then we are off, time flys by when you have something to look forward to. I am hoping my trip does not fly bye, the day after we get home I start coaching....and teaching the following week. That said, I am not going to think about anything but Aruba! I need some more dinner plans to fill out my nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Glad you got your issues resolved and can now look forward to your vow renewal and vacation. Enjoy!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast