Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 131
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 8/8-8/23 @ the Ritz for 20 year vow renewal

  1. #71
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Scratch the missing the wedding part, it actually officially started around 11:15, they had a 2 plus hour build up with wedding traditions I am guessing. It was amazing to watch. I met the groom last night in the elevator at 1am after coming back from the casino, he said I should stop and watch so I did, as did many others from a respectful distance. The bride had the most elegant dress, really nice!

    My son is still in bed. He woke up briefly and ate a bit and went back to sleep. He is 100% worn out and not feeling good at all. Today is a stay at home and rest day so he is ready for tomorrows vow renewal.

    Update- My little one has just awoken and is feeling great. He has been going like gangbusters and it caught up with him...glad he only needed a few extra hours to be feeling right again.
    So glad he's feeling better...... vacation can be non stop.

  2. #72
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Taking it easy for the most part today. We went for a family walk this afternoon. We toured the Marriott Ocean Club and Surf Clubs. I enjoyed the quietness of the OC and my son of course loved the idea of the lazy river. The Aruba monoply game caught my attention but it faded quickly at $65, lol. We came back and my son went for a swim. Trying not to get fried today with pictures tomorrow... Not sure what are dinner plans are today.

  3. #73
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    28,248
    glad that your son is feeling better

    many folks loved the idea of the aruba monopoly game and balked when they saw the price tag.
    price is too high. a little greed is ok, $35 or so, but excessive greed is ridiculous.

    the surf club's lazy river is the best amenity of the place!
    yes, large lovely timeshare units, but it is all about that lazy river

    thanks so much jay for taking the time.
    enjoy and start being a bit more profitable at the casino!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Taking it easy for the most part today. We went for a family walk this afternoon. We toured the Marriott Ocean Club and Surf Clubs. I enjoyed the quietness of the OC and my son of course loved the idea of the lazy river. The Aruba monoply game caught my attention but it faded quickly at $65, lol. We came back and my son went for a swim. Trying not to get fried today with pictures tomorrow... Not sure what are dinner plans are today.

  4. #74
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Your 100% correct, I can deal with a little greed but I have my limits...it was about $40 for the monopoly game. I had no luck at cards again today but tomorrow/actually today, I will win because I wont gamble, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    glad that your son is feeling better

    many folks loved the idea of the aruba monopoly game and balked when they saw the price tag.
    price is too high. a little greed is ok, $35 or so, but excessive greed is ridiculous.

    the surf club's lazy river is the best amenity of the place!
    yes, large lovely timeshare units, but it is all about that lazy river

    thanks so much jay for taking the time.
    enjoy and start being a bit more profitable at the casino!!

  5. #75
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,545
    Enjoying your reviews.. yes the game is over price for me right now.
    Best wishes today .. may today bring continuous happiness always

  6. #76
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,053
    Glad CJ is feeling better. Good luck today & congratulations!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  7. #77
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Thanks guys. I can't believe our day is here already. I am actually a little bit nervous that it all goes perfectly today. Everything is in place so whatever happens we will roll with it and love it.

    Last night was uneventful, just another losing night playing poker. I am not playing poker today so I know I can't lose, lol. The family is at breakfast right now as I was a little late getting myself motivated to move this morning. I need to wear my son out early today so WE can take a nap and prepare for our vow renewal. Our son is probably the most excited out of all of us, and we are all thrilled.

  8. #78
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    28,248
    i am looking forward to receiving lots of photos to post for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks guys. I can't believe our day is here already. I am actually a little bit nervous that it all goes perfectly today. Everything is in place so whatever happens we will roll with it and love it.

    Last night was uneventful, just another losing night playing poker. I am not playing poker today so I know I can't lose, lol. The family is at breakfast right now as I was a little late getting myself motivated to move this morning. I need to wear my son out early today so WE can take a nap and prepare for our vow renewal. Our son is probably the most excited out of all of us, and we are all thrilled.

  9. #79
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,152
    Enjoy your special day. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

  10. #80
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    We have a photographer so I won't be snapping many but I hope our friends do for us and I will share those. Let the party begin soon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i am looking forward to receiving lots of photos to post for you.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO