Aruba Beach

Thread: 9 days in Aruba!

9 days in Aruba!

Got home yesterday from 9 days in Aruba. Went down for a wedding for my girlfriends cousin. There were 32 of us there. We stayed AI at the Holiday Inn. The food there was good but by no means great, well a couple of the meals were better the good. The bartenders there were really good, if you go there find the bartender Steven and get a Steven Special... best drink I had there.

Spent most days sipping cocktails on the beach, swimming in the ocean and pool and getting some much needed R&R. But we did do a few others things too.

Jolly Pirate-A lot of fun and a pretty good deal in my opinion 52 bucks for a tour from 900 til 200 and it includes a catered lunch from Mombo Jombo, open bar, 3 snoreling spots and swinging into the water from a rope. Saw tons of pretty fish snd coral.

Jeep Tour-The best thing we did there. We all rented jeeps and went on a selfguided tour and went to the Lighthouse, ruins, a small natural bridge, the natural the fell down and the Natural pool.
    Got lost a couple times and had a wild ride getting to the pool but that was half the fun.

Aruba was a great place and the people were all so nice and helpful

Thanks for the report. We are looking forward to the Jolly Pirates on Monday. Dhaley, we will see you there!

Great report! Come back and see us all sometime!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Cool Holiday Inn question

Thanks for the report. Is there any construction going on at the Holiday Inn right now or planned in the coming months (i.e. were all of the bars restaurants open when you were there/have they started renovations on the Curacao tower yet)? Furthermore, I have read some posts about seaweed being a problem around the Holiday Inn's beach. Is seaweed a problem at the hotel's beach?

The fancy restaurant was closed for construction.
    The beach was fine and the is some grassy patches on the ground in the water but nothing bad
    As for the C tower we never went in but there was a construction storage box outside

If your staying there n you like cocktails you have to find Steven

Cool Great!

Thanks for the input...I'll have to try the Steven Special when I am there this Fall!