Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Ace trip 11/22 to 11/27

Wrote a detailed update on my kindle which did not go thru so I will stick to short reports. I just got back from dinner at wacky Wahoo. I met Kent from Aruba Bob there for dinner. The food was great and I did not have seafood all week. Definitely will go there again in the future.

Aruba since 1979
    that is great!
    what did you have at wacky?

continue to enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Wrote a detailed update on my kindle which did not go thru so I will stick to short reports. I just got back from dinner at wacky Wahoo. I met Kent from Aruba Bob there for dinner. The food was great and I did not have seafood all week. Definitely will go there again in the future.

I had a seafood broth which was very good and the Wahoo mixed grill which comes with mussels, shrimp, calamari, catch of the day which I choose grouper, rice, sweet plantain and steamed veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I love those frozen blue Hawaiians.
    Sorry you had issues with the showere and moving but it sounds like the front desk was helpful and polite about it.

We've done that walk from Holiday Inn to Bugaloe in the afternoon and it can get hot. It's funny when we stay on the HI side we always seem to want to be at Bugaloe and when we stayed at the Radisson we always wanted to be at Pelicans nest. But all the eating and drinking we do there, the walks are good I guess.
    You are so right about walking and being so hot! In the past trips I would get up at 7 am and go for a 30 minute walk and sometimes pushed it to 45 minutes even an hour on a few occasions. However it was cooler at 7am. Today I walked from MVC to Manchebo Resort and it took me 20 minutes no big deal but it was so hot and humid I thought I was going to collapse when I got to pega pega grill. I asked for water immediately and took the bus back.

Aruba since 1979
    has there been much of a breeze?
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    You are so right about walking and being so hot! In the past trips I would get up at 7 am and go for a 30 minute walk and sometimes pushed it to 45 minutes even an hour on a few occasions. However it was cooler at 7am. Today I walked from MVC to Manchebo Resort and it took me 20 minutes no big deal but it was so hot and humid I thought I was going to collapse when I got to pega pega grill. I asked for water immediately and took the bus back.

Very light breezes the past few days. Barely see the palms move.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    has there been much of a breeze?
    They sun is so strong in the late afternoon from 2pm on. I usually leave the beach around that time. I felt a breeze in the late evenings like after 7pm

Today there was a nice breeze and I took advantage of the beach from 9am to 2:30pm. There were a lot of cruise ship passengers at Eagle Beach the last 2 days. Yesterday I shared a palapa with 3 teenage girls from Colombia who asked politely if they could join me but then 6 other relatives joined in. LOL. It was ok since I was leaving in 30 minutes.

I had a liquid lunch today so I'm looking forward to a nice thanksgiving dinner. I have reservations at chalet suise for 5:30 pm.

I'm back in NY! :<(.

This was a really lazy solo vacation for me but I'm nice and rested.

To summarize, I stayed at MVC Eagle Beach which is a small 19 room hotel accross from Eagle Beach and 1 block from Chalet Suisse. My basic days consisted of taking an 8 minute walk to la cabana islander grill for breakfast. They make very good breakfast at reasonable prices. I ate something different every day from pancakes, omlettes, breakfast burritos etc. I have stayed at La Cabana in the past at least 6 times and I never ate breakfast there because I always pick up stuff at super foods and I cook in the room. This trip I never made it not one foot into super foods so I ate all my meals out. Next time I stay at la cabana I will alternate breakfast and lunch from eating out to eating in the room.

By 9am I was at the beach and would usually stay until 12 or 1pm. Except yesterday which was from 9am to 2.30pm and I had a liquid lunch. It was very deserted and quite during the morning 9am to 12 but after 12 it got really crowded mostly due to all the cruise ships that were there during the week. It wasn't just the traditional cruise line like carninival, royal but there were cruise lines from columbia that I never hear of. One day 3 teenage girls who were on that cruise ship from columbia sat on the extra beach chair in my palapa. I was asleep and they woke me when they sat down. They asked me if it was ok for them to hang out there and I said sure we can share. Next thing you know, 7 of their relatives joined in. That was one crowded Palapa! I left 30 minutes later.

The new restaurants I visted was Tullip which is at MVC. i ate dinner there twice. Very good food at reasonable prices. I also had lunch at Pega Pega at the Manchebo Resort. They have great sandwiches like Lamb Sherwama, Cuban Pannis, Fish Tacos and they make great frozen drinks like the frozen mojitos and they give you extra. I heard they have a very good happy hour from 5 to 7 which is a nice happy hour to meet people. This I got from some trip advisor reviews and the bartender there. I also had dinner at Wacky Wahoo for the first time and I met Kent there for dinner. The fish is caught that same day so you can't get any fresher than that. The meal was delicious and Kent was kind enough to give me a ride back to MVC which saved me some cab fare. Thanks Kent I appreciated it and your company as well. I also had lunch at Bugalu on Tuesday and it was super crowded at 2pm but by 3pm it was dead. I had this steak wrap with fresh mixed greens in the wrap and a delicious garlic sauce and the Blue Hawaii Frozen Drink. I like Bugalu. A lot of people were having burgers which looked and smelled great. I went there for dinner a few years ago and had the hungry man's burger. I remember then everybody staring at my burger commenting how good that look but it tasted even better. They do a great job at bugalu!

Today check out was at 10:00am and i had a 2:30pm flight. Originally I was going to hang out after check out and head for the airport at 11 or 11:30am. The Manager of MVC convinced me to get a head start since it was black friday and traffic was building up downtown plus several cruise ships were expected. I'm glad I listened to her. I left at 10:00am and arrived at the airport at 10:30am traffic was everywhere. The cab driver was trying to take a short cut with the side streets but it was no use.

Once I arrived at the airport I saw 5 people standing on the jet blue line. They told me they were there since 10am but Jet Blue Counter doesn't open until 11am. So I waited 30 minutes for them to open but once I checked in at 11am, I went thru both Aruba and US security and was at my gate by 11:20am. That was a record! No lines, no one there at all! Of course now I had to wait for my 2:30pm flight but no problem. I shopped at the duty free for 15 minutes and then I hung out at one happy bar for 2 hours. I had 4 screwdrivers and 2 shots of Cuban 7 year age rum and a pannini plus some laughs. I know the young guy that works there and he is a clown with the people. He always joins me when I order the cuban rum to sip.

When the plane took off I was talking a storm with the flight attendant who was sitting with me during take off. I was sitting in the exit row. After she left, I fell asleep for an hour only to be woken up by her. She was moving 2 people to the 2 empty seats next to me. I wish she had not woken me up because I was in a very deep sleep but what can you do.

We arrived in NY 30 minutes early and the luggage took 30 minutes but that is typical for NY. I'm ready to start a new count down for June 2016 but I want to wish the board members who are in Aruba right now a great vacation.

End of trip!

Aruba since 1979
    Ace ...thank you so much.
    i really enjoyed reading of your adventures.

if the opportunity presented itself, whould you stay at MVC again?

welcome home

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast