Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Act1966 - February/March 2016

Aruba since 1979

Head out to the car...

https://www.katom.com/141-TG15.html

Day 11

Well... as the above post notes, we had a power outage for most of the morning/early afternoon so I'm posting a little late.

And, yes, THANK YOU for all the "alternative energy" blender options - who knew going green could be so beneficial. But, in all seriousness, we ARE looking at those Tesla solar batteries for just such an occasion in the future --> Aruba + Constant Sunshine = Imported Tesla Solar Power!!

But back to Day 11...

Contractors all over The Manse so time to head out and explore...

The hunt for wine began in earnest. We tried to hit two wine dealers, Avion and Pepia Est. We couldn't find Avion and there was a bit of a language barrier when we called so it was off to Pepia which is just down the road from Ling's (toward Banulux) - we met a really great guy named "Q" who walked us through the warehouse and made some recommendations. Great selection and we'll be hitting there in the future. Repeatedly. Q also introduced to a guy, Diego, who was in the shop at the time and runs the Aruba Wine Club - you order from them, they deliver it (cash only for now) within twenty-four hours... what?!? Jackpot!

Here are their websites:

http://www.pepia-est.com

and...

http://www.arubawineclub.com

I can't tell you how happy we are to have line of sight into how wine makes its way to Aruba! Yay! Now we just need to start harassing wine makers into getting their product here!

We also looked at garden hoses - I know, the excitement never stops! LOL

Back at the ranch for some pool time and then a killer ribeye on the grill with a couple 'o bottles of Clos Du Val Cabernet Sauvignon (a new favourite from California).

On a VERY important note: I've discovered something completely stupid that I love about Aruba - towels dry on the line almost instantly. Ugh. Canada = wet towels.

Somebody's yelling in Papiamento - better make sure The Spouse isn't committing to building an addition on the Manse by accident...

Aruba since 1979
    the spouse is working with the contractor re: building this moderator a suite out by the pool.

Aruba wine club? Who knew?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Pool temp...

Act1966 -  February/March 2016-therm.jpg

@act1966
    Power outages are so sporadic here. We had a power outage at our home in Noord two days ago for about one hour but our power was fine today.

I found out about all that shouting in Papiamento as one of the workers was here. He said that they saw you lugging in a lot of wine and figured they needed to immediately start building a wine closet as an extension to your Manse. I understand it will be refrigerated to keep the wines at perfect temperature for the big opening party when Andrea, Jacki, Walt, CPJones, Gaby et al are invited. Please let us know what the dress code is for the function and also the date

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    i found out about all that shouting in papiamento as one of the workers was here. He said that they saw you lugging in a lot of wine and figured they needed to immediately start building a wine closet as an extension to your manse. I understand it will be refrigerated to keep the wines at perfect temperature for the big opening party when andrea, jacki, walt, cpjones, gaby et al are invited. Please let us know what the dress code is for the function and also the date
    tbd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    @act1966
    Power outages are so sporadic here. We had a power outage at our home in Noord two days ago for about one hour but our power was fine today.
    Ours was scheduled - I found out AFTER by checking the ELMAR site. It wouldn't be a big stretch for them to send emails to clients in areas that are going to have a scheduled outage. I bet it would help keep client contact info up-to-date as well. Hmmm.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast