Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Act1966 - February/March 2016

Live from "Local Store"...

Act1966 -  February/March 2016-ls.jpg

It looks pretty quiet. Will you be livening things up?

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	4820
    Did you see me there? You had to be walking in as I was walking out. We had just gotten take out. I was so busy thinking about the wings I was planning on devouring that I didn't even look around. Not fair!

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Did you see me there? You had to be walking in as I was walking out. We had just gotten take out. I was so busy thinking about the wings I was planning on devouring that I didn't even look around. Not fair!
    Whaaaaaaat?!? We sat in the corner at the far end!!!

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Had you just walked in I looked at my receipt. He ran my card at 6:01pm and 34 seconds lol. I was that close to IDing the International Man of Mystery lol

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Had you just walked in I looked at my receipt. He ran my card at 6:01pm and 34 seconds lol. I was that close to IDing the International Man of Mystery lol
    I would have been THRILLED to meet "The Voice"!!! We should have a thread called, "Where Are You Eating Tonight"!!!

I was just trying to figure out from your posts if you guys were there at the same time. Curt, I know from a previous trip the international man of mystery definitely has a way of sneaking in right after other forum members
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We'll be there next week. It's very convenient for us, as we're right across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	4820
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Day 12

Another day, another contractor...

ELMAR scheduled a power outage and didn't have the resources to personally call and let us know. The nerve. Anyhow, Aruba electricians seem to be used to this kind of thing and have every imaginable back up for when the power is out. Work progressed throughout and, by 1:00 pm, the power was back. All good.

A quick dip in the pool, catch up with the neighbour and then we were off to the buzzed-about "Local Store" for a casual dinner. More in Culinary.

Supervising work is exhausting when you're on vacation (LOL) so an early night after, I can't believe I'm going to write this, watching, for the first time ever, "Keeping Up With The Kardashians". We don't have cable back in Canada so we'd completely missed this pop culture phenomenon. Wow. The cable landscape sure has become interesting (and I'm not sure I mean in a good way).

We apparently landed on a good night to view (per the neighbour) as it was Bruce Jenner announcing that he was transitioning to being a woman. We couldn't figure out who was who with all these kids in the show and couldn't be bothered to look all of them up online. We know there's some connection to OJ Simpson and Kanye West and A LOT of connection to a circus.

I wonder if the E! Network would be interested in a reality show about a Caribbean online forum...? Hmmm. They could do worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    It looks pretty quiet. Will you be livening things up?
    We arrived a little early (6:30) - things definitely picked up as the night progressed.

I may have belted out a line or two of "The Lady is a Tramp" when it came on over the audio... and, thus, the table next to us mistaking me for Michael Buble.

Well... maybe that was just in my head.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast