Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Act1966 - February/March 2016

Aruba since 1979
    I certainly hope that in your next life, you will teach creative writing.

Dinner sounded wonderful. I am drooling.
    (addendum.... The Restaurant @ Tierra Del Sol is on our list for our next trip)

Were your neighbors grateful that you remembered that it is not clothing optional?

Continue to have fun and again, thanks for the daily laugh.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-27-2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: The Restaurant

I wish I could make a living teaching creative writing... sigh. If we could do what we love, the planet would be full of astronauts and ballet dancers... and wine drinkers.

Dinner was great... one note: it's no longer called "Ventanas Del Mar" - it's now simply known as "The Restaurant". Which makes it easier to describe after a few adult beverages rather than sounding like a slurry Spaniard.

I'm pretty sure the neighbours would have just turned the moment-in-nudism into another excuse to light up some fireworks!!

Aruba since 1979
    i will edit my posting re: the name of THE RESTAURANT

i was very lucky with my job, i loved it, but did not love being always cold. (teaching swimming and teaching lifeguarding and coaching) but the pay was barely a living wage.
    thank goodness paul was the real breadwinner.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I wish I could make a living teaching creative writing... sigh. If we could do what we love, the planet would be full of astronauts and ballet dancers... and wine drinkers.

Dinner was great... one note: it's no longer called "Ventanas Del Mar" - it's now simply known as "The Restaurant". Which makes it easier to describe after a few adult beverages rather than sounding like a slurry Spaniard.

I'm pretty sure the neighbours would have just turned the moment-in-nudism into another excuse to light up some fireworks!!

Andrea, we are all thankful for spouses that make good money so the rest of us can enjoy working...I made much more money in the finance field than I do as a teacher and coach currently, but I was not nearly as happy as I am now.

Best line ever, the last line in particular-

It didn't take me as long to decompress from work this trip - I think it's because the trip came so quickly on the heels of the last one. Obviously, the solution is to never go a without a trip to Aruba every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Best line ever, the last line in particular-

It didn't take me as long to decompress from work this trip - I think it's because the trip came so quickly on the heels of the last one. Obviously, the solution is to never go a without a trip to Aruba every few weeks.

Obviously!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Live from Wilhelmina's...

Act1966 -  February/March 2016-wil.jpg

What's for dinner? Did they have the Dutch pea soup and bitterballen as an amuse? Hope you had a Moscow Mule for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    What's for dinner? Did they have the Dutch pea soup and bitterballen as an amuse? Hope you had a Moscow Mule for me!
    Peg - I'll give the full line-up in Culinary.

Day 7

"Let's go to SuperFood before all the flights get in," I said to The Spouse.

Oh yeah... Europe.

Ugh... it was a madhouse. Lots of languages being screamed across aisles wondering what different products are. At one point, a woman shrieked at me, "ESPANOL?!?" Uh... "No haba espanol...?" which seemed to tick her off to no end so I yelled, "Tu parle en Francais?!? Spacken zee Deutsche? Italiano?!? PIG LATIN?!?!" That's right... don't mess with me... I'll win that U.N. game in a heartbeat, sister... LOL

An extremely long line at check-out ("Just like home" is exactly right, Ling's) and I amused myself by checking-in online to the forum, saw Peg's sereno ham post, eyed up the meat counter and thought, "I can make it." Bolted for the counter (much to The Spouse's chagrin), snapped a pic of the ham (to the bewilderment of the cheese counter staff), posted it and made it back to the checkout line... which had only moved one cart.

Back to the manse for a hamburger lunch with Kraft cheese singles - yes, it's all gourmet, all the time - and then an afternoon in the pool getting our tan on. No cocktails as we were saving ourselves for dinner at Wilhelmina's.

Great taxi service (our karma has turned... fingers crossed... fingers crossed) and back home to bed after another full day in paradise.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast