Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Act1966 - February/March 2016

Awesome hosts! I'm sure the friends enjoyed every second!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    boy, your friend's vacation seems to have flown by.

food pictures look terrific.
    thanks
    Yeah, they're not thrilled to be heading home to a winter storm watch. Sigh.

Their flight to Toronto was canceled!! They get another night! For which we will charge them handsomely!

The blender is in overdrive...

That is awesome news for them, I was praying for a storm to get me "stuck" in Aruba last week.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    How lucky for your friends! One more day in Paradise!

Are they still offering live entertainment at the cafe? We went one night when it was advertised but the band ended up being a no show.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Day 9

A whirlwind (by Aruba standards) as the friends were filling their last day on the island before flying home.

We decided to hit Bugaloe for lunch as 1) we'd never been there and 2) the friends wanted one final jaunt to the beach. I'm not usually a fan of beach restaurants - a lot of them tend to be stunningly bad and charge a fortune for the "privilege" of dining on the water but Bugaloe was surprising good. I had Cesar Salad with grilled grouper, the friends had grilled chicken sandwiches and The Spouse had a cheeseburger... and everything goes better with a Balashi:

Attachment 4813Attachment 4814Attachment 4815

We had to head back to The Manse as we were meeting our contractor about some work we're having done. So we ushered the friends out to the pool while we met with him and then made a big batch of going-away margaritas and pina coladas (can't we all just get along?!?) and had Happy Pool Time. It was a little overcast yesterday afternoon but just kind of hazy... still lots of sun.

The friends wanted to make us dinner but we strong-armed them into hitting Casibari Cafe instead... and they're glad we did. A beautiful night and great meal - it's not fancy by any stretch of the imagination but the food is exceptionally good (the ribs, in particular) and it has a great, casual vibe. Lots of Dutch locals hanging out, as well. The Spouse and I had the ribs while the friends opted for chicken and a mixed grill platter...

Attachment 4816Attachment 4817

Back home and a nightcap before turning in.

The friends claim it was the perfect, relaxing vacation.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Their flight to Toronto was canceled!! They get another night! For which we will charge them handsomely!

I'll bet they are thrilled!

Southern Ontario is supposed to get a lot of snow as are we in Eastern Ontario. You are the lucky ones as you are at the Aruba end... not so good for the ones trying to get to Aruba! Good luck making it home.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Are they still offering live entertainment at the cafe? We went one night when it was advertised but the band ended up being a no show.
    They mentioned having a band on Saturday nights... but it's Aruba so probably hit and miss.

Day 10

So... a bit of a scramble for our friends contacting people back in Toronto that they'd been delayed a day. Nothing a pitcher of pina coladas didn't solve.

An "extra" day by the pool... we were fretting a little as we need to get contractors into The Manse to do some work and were waiting until the guests left but onwards...

We ended up winging it and going to Bingo's. It wasn't great: both service and food were off and we didn't have the energy to get into it with the manager so we just left. It's not that anything was tremendously wrong but, when you've been hitting some of the restaurants we've gone to on this trip, it definitely felt less than stellar. Oh well... sometimes eating is just functional.

Workers all around so just a brief post today.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast