Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Act1966 - January 2016

Thanks for the tip! The local places are our favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Day 14

As the days creep along, our pool-time becomes exponentially longer and longer. Lots of sun yesterday with more in store for today.

We did take a break at one point and go for a jaunt to the Do It Center and Superfood but rushed back to the pool.

Our neighbour recommended a pizza joint in Santa Cruz for us to try ("Urataka Center Best Pizza" http://urataka.businesscatalyst.com ) so we headed down late in the day to pick up wings and a pie.

Attachment 4725Attachment 4726

The pizza is named "SuperBurger Pizza" and it tasted like, surprise, surprise, a burger! Both were good. Pizza's pretty subjective though so obviously you'd have to try it to see if it works for you; we enjoyed both.

Their location is a little far off the beaten resort path but it's definitely a local favourite - the place was packed, inside and out. Here's a location link:

https://goo.gl/maps/pV3HvnW4pak

Something different from the usual haunts/staples...

The sun just rose... time to get out there!
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Day 15

Our last full day! What magical activities would we partake in to celebrate another wonderful visit to paradise? What excitement awaited us? How would we make it memorable?

We cleaned the house.

Yup, one of the downfalls of not staying in a resort/hotel/rental: you ARE the cleaning lady!

That's okay: it's a small price to pay.

We brought a floor steamer down as the entire joint is tile so that made things a lot easier and "sterile in only 15 seconds!!" Okay, Bissell, calm down: it's hot water.

So a mad dash through the house moving furniture and checking all the little things and then out to the pool with strawberry daiquiris as a reward. A beautiful, sunny day where I almost fell asleep on a water noodle. Five times. Now THAT'S relaxed!

We opted to hit Tierra Del Sol for our last dinner as it's easy to get to (our third visit this trip!). Wonderful meal. Great service and we met Michael (one of the owners) and had a chat with him (we're all from Toronto) and a tentative plan for drinks upon our return in February.

And, seriously, this view?!? This will get me to the next visit...

Act1966 - January 2016-tdsview1.jpg

...as will this dessert...."Crispy Apple Pie: Parcel of apples, raisins, cinnamon and lemon zest packed in filo dough, served warm crispy with cinnamon ice cream". Killing. Me. Softly. Oink!

Act1966 - January 2016-tdsdessert.jpg

I need to have a nap on a noodle.

Aruba since 1979
    terrific dinner.
    what did you 2 have for entrees?

michael = mmattalo on this forum. he is from your area ontario.
    a heck of a nice guy.
    haha i am sure that they "snapped to it" when boss man was there.

sorry to hear that today is the end of your stay.
    it is indeed a crummy feeling.

so, do you use a vacuum at all?
    or just a broom and a steam mop?
    we use the steam mop often ...floors sparkle.

please accept my thanks for providing us info and many smiles.
    thank you for taking the times between noodling, shopping, mopping to write of your escapades

safe travels to north country and stay warm

We had our standing orders of the seafood medley and the osso bucco... surefire hits. I had escargot for an app and The Spouse went for the soup du jour of truffle potato soup..."Will anyone notice if I lick the bowl?"

We did buy a vacuum...and a dust mop...and a Swiffer...and every cleaning product known to man. We dust mop, vacuum, Swiffer and then out comes the steamer. The place is pristine.

Thanks for the well wishes and reading all my hum-drum ramblings! I hope everybody enjoyed seeing another side to island life!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    terrific dinner.
    what did you 2 have for entrees?

michael = mmattalo on this forum. he is from your area ontario.
    a heck of a nice guy.
    haha i am sure that they "snapped to it" when boss man was there.

sorry to hear that today is the end of your stay.
    it is indeed a crummy feeling.

so, do you use a vacuum at all?
    or just a broom and a steam mop?
    we use the steam mop often ...floors sparkle.

please accept my thanks for providing us info and many smiles.
    thank you for taking the times between noodling, shopping, mopping to write of your escapades

safe travels to north country and stay warm

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Had that dessert last week! Fabulous!

Sorry your trip comes to an end. I've enjoyed living in Aruba with you and seeing it through local eyes.

Glad you met Mike, great guy! I'm impressed 3times there!

Safe travels home❤️

Your reports are far from hum drum. I'm sad they will be ending, but we get another one next month, right?

We've never been to Tierra del Sol. I guess I always just have an impression that it's too fancy for us. Honestly though, the way you write your reviews has me wanting to try everything! Thanks for sharing!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Your reports are far from hum drum. I'm sad they will be ending, but we get another one next month, right?

We've never been to Tierra del Sol. I guess I always just have an impression that it's too fancy for us. Honestly though, the way you write your reviews has me wanting to try everything! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks, Tracey. Yup... we'll be back soon!

Tierra Del Sol is wonderfully casual - not pretentious at all... we were there in cargo shorts and dry-fit polo shirts last night. and there's lots of different kinds of people there - a good mix of company... I guarantee you won't feel uncomfortable The food is out of this world - particularly the chef that was on last night, Fernando (I think that's the name the waitress gave us). Give it a shot - you'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Had that dessert last week! Fabulous!

Sorry your trip comes to an end. I've enjoyed living in Aruba with you and seeing it through local eyes.

Glad you met Mike, great guy! I'm impressed 3times there!

Safe travels home❤️
    Thanks, Cindy.

One other tip that everybody can use - we bought those ZipLock Space Bags for storing things like linen and towels when we're not here (so we can just pop them open when we're back and not have to wash everything - the dust can get pretty bad).

The other thing they're great for and we definitely benefited from is that it GREATLY reduces the space clothes and towels take up in luggage - serious reduction!

Your vacation has flown by! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast