Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Act1966 - January 2016

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Worked😀
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Test.

Day 4

Friends arrived from Toronto so I headed to the airport a little early and hit "Flora" to see what kind of patio furniture they have in stock. Yikes. Beautiful but expensive:

995 Florins...wooden hammock...

Act1966 - January 2016-hammock.jpg

450 Florins...solid plastic chaise lounge

Act1966 - January 2016-plasticchaise.jpg

We'll see. We picked up two zero-gravity chairs at Price Smart that cost less than that chaise!!

Friends arrived safely - first comment about Aruba, "It feels hot but the breeze is beautiful... are the margaritas ready?" Good times. They usually go to Cuba so this is a completely different experience for them. In honour of their typical Cuba trip, we made daiquiris instead of margaritas. Yes, we're the UN of cocktails.

We had dinner in as they had a long travel day. Our first dinner party! Really feels like home now - picking people up at the airport, dinner party, window shopping expensive furniture... perfect.

We'll go easy on the excursions as she has Fibromyalgia and it's best not to overdo it. Can't think of a better place to laze around!!
    Last edited by act1966; 01-07-2016 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Worked
    I received a "the moderator must approve your post" message this morning and thought that I was being punished for being too prolific about Xmas lights! "Shut up, act1966!!!"

No punishment here!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahaha
    i am "into punishment"

seriously.....the wedding category is very much moderated, post by post.

have fun!!!!

no plastic lounge chairs....never!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I received a "the moderator must approve your post" message this morning and thought that I was being punished for being too prolific about Xmas lights! "Shut up, act1966!!!"

Day 5

Our friend needed a floppy hat as she left hers at home so we were off to Giselle's for a fashion tour. It's not Rodeo Drive but she found something that did the trick.

We then went to Flora as he used to own a garden centre in Toronto and wanted to see what things are like down here. He gave us some good ideas on things we good do around the house to give the landscape some "oomph".

Price Smart - they wanted to see the Aruba version of Costco.

We then made our way over to Super Food. During the drive, we pulled out into an intersection and were nearly hit by a driver who must have been doing 80-90 MPH on a residential street. Definitely a tourist as it was rental car. They must have skidded for twenty feet and stopped about three inches from the front end of our car. That was pretty scary. He then proceeded to give me the horn like it was my fault he was doing three times the speed limit. Nice. I returned his horn with a carefully chosen finger.

Back to The Manse and settled the nerves down with an afternoon in the pool and some "medicinal" cocktails.

The friends wanted to try Tierra Del Sol so we made the short trek up and had a wonderful dinner. Little did we know that Cindy was in the vicinity... we need an app that detects aruba.com members!

Did you buy the wood hammock at Flora? My wife and I saw that one but I wanted one in Cyprus as it will be exposed to the elements and I want it to last. If you did buy it, let me know your thoughts.

We have also experienced 2 very near misses this trip. One while we were parked!! Someone needs to address the really dangerous driving situation here. Just look in the local papers at all the photos and articles on "incidents"

glad you are safe and the accident was avoided

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    Did you buy the wood hammock at Flora? My wife and I saw that one but I wanted one in Cyprus as it will be exposed to the elements and I want it to last. If you did buy it, let me know your thoughts.
    No, we didn't. We only want things that we can bring inside when we leave the island - that thing is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    We have also experienced 2 very near misses this trip. One while we were parked!! Someone needs to address the really dangerous driving situation here. Just look in the local papers at all the photos and articles on "incidents"

glad you are safe and the accident was avoided
    Thanks, AQ. Luckily, our friends have been through the Caribbean so they know a lot of people treat traffic signs and speed limits as "suggestions". I was mortified as this was their first full day on the island.

Defensive driving is the order of the day down here.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast