Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Act1966 - January 2016

Oh, and I forgot to ask. How's that strategic finger?

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Oh, and I forgot to ask. How's that strategic finger?
    Useful... and internationally effective!

Aruba since 1979
    here in tampa bay, the pistol has replaced the finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Useful... and internationally effective!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    here in tampa bay, the pistol has replaced the finger.
    Let's hope Aruba doesn't go that route.

Day 6

I'm happy to report there were no car accidents on this day. Yeesh.

A low-key day of puttering around. The Spouse and our friend did some clean up around the property while I tried to sort through the logistics of an LTE router... I know: the excitement never stops!

We hit Ling's and Superfood as our other friend wanted to see what grocery shopping was like in Aruba. She was very impressed by the selection, quality, availability and all the European products (particularly at SuperFood). We bought these fantastic, giant meat (chicken, pork and beef) skewers to grill for dinner.

And afternoon in the pool where we ran into our neighbour and invited her to join in on the dinner party fun. We made strawberry daiquiris for the first time... wow! The margaritas have some serious competition now.

A fun dinner party and then late-night wine in the zero-gravity chairs looking up at the stars.

A perfect day in paradise.

P.S. I haven't really mentioned the weather because, you know, it's been perfect every day!!
    Last edited by act1966; 01-08-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    green with envy re: your weather. we are cool and damp here in FLA.

thank you so much for sharing your stay and story.

have fun.

I also like to check out grocery stores in Aruba. Haven't made it to Superfood yet, maybe next trip. Very jealous about the warm weather. Enjoy!

You have met with one of the most internationally disputed topics...the daiquiri vs the margarita. In my house we call this the sugar hangover vs the tequilla hangover. We don't do moderation . And why would you in Aruba???? The truth is you can't go wrong with either one! I am glad you are mixing it up! Enjoy your reports as always!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Day 7

A busy day around the island.

Still trying to get the house up to snuff so spent a good chunk of the day running around to find things like a garlic press, serving platters, water glasses etc.

We hit the usual haunts: Price Smart, Euro Kitchen, Giselle's etc. and then we hit the mother lode - ASD Aruba - which is a restaurant/hotel supply outlet near Ling's that our neighbour recommended we check out for glassware. Wow! We broke the bank! Great bargains on everything we needed and I'm headed back today! For anybody who cooks and is obsessed with storage like I am, they have Cambro containers at insanely cheap prices... to the point where I might bring some back to Toronto!

Recovering from our jackpot (and a very generous housewarming gift from our guests - they bought us platters and serving dishes from Euro Kitchen when we weren't looking), we all headed back to The Manse for R&R in the pool.

Fantastic dinner in: barbecued Angus ribeyes from Superfood (I'm giving them the edge in the Aruba Grocery Wars for meat), a baguette, salad, a great Chateauneuf du Pape that we picked up at Ling's and all with Google Music "Music For A Great Dinner Party" playing in the background. I may have belted out "Volare" much to the mortification of other people at the table. Nothing a second bottle of Chateauneuf didn't cure! We're in heaven! And I'm a lounge singer there!

Good times!

Friends are NOT happy about being at the halfway mark.

Aruba since 1979
    Loving it.
    Wishing i were there.....even buying kitchen supplies

Thanks so much for sharing.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast