Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Act1966 - January 2016

Have you tried A1 Taxi Services, the famous Bully and company? We used them for our Flying Fishbone trip and he walked us in and set it up with the hostess to be called just in time so we were coming out of the restaurant just moments before he pulled up.
    We usually enjoy just taking whatever taxi is available in front of our hotel, it lets us stay flexible for those last minute dinner plans, but being in a neighborhood I'm guessing requires a little more planning. The ride home just depends on where we are and what we want to do after dinner, but is rarely set up ahead of time.

Love your reports, wish we were there hitting all the restaurants just before you arrive Good to know about Google Music. We were disappointed that Pandora Radio wasn't an option in Aruba for streaming. I wonder if Amazon music works for Prime members, hmmm..something to figure out - guess I need to book another trip, for research purposes of course!

Day 11

The ticker-from-hell continues...

We dropped our friends off at the airport yesterday. It's weird, you still get that angst-y feeling even though you're not leaving! i think it's a case of, "Ugh... we're next..." The airport was completely dead - one of the benefits to flying mid-week, I'm sure.

Their flight had been delayed three hours because of trouble getting the bird off the ground in Toronto (incredibly thankful we weren't on that flight... three hours? I would have lost my mind on the tarmac) and their initial response was panic... until they realized that 1) they didn't have to vacate the premises (like in a hotel) and 2) a pool awaited them rather than an airport lounge. I hope we get delayed too!

After dropping them off, we schlepped over to Price Smart and Ling's for staples and had a quiet night in watching videos. It's really feeling like home now.

If we could just get to longer stays! Working sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Love your reports, wish we were there hitting all the restaurants just before you arrive Good to know about Google Music. We were disappointed that Pandora Radio wasn't an option in Aruba for streaming. I wonder if Amazon music works for Prime members, hmmm..something to figure out - guess I need to book another trip, for research purposes of course!
    Thanks, Tracey!

We actually contacted Google before we left to ensure it would work - they allow it temporarily ("Four weeks and under", the guy said.) - it has something to do with international licensing restrictions on the music. Not sure how they police the timeframe for usage though.

I'm sure that every member of this forum has had those feelings about leaving. I enjoy seeing the airport and being in it on arrival, during my stay I don't want to see the airport. I actually close my eyes should I find myself going by the airport during the course of my stay; no need for the reminder that my stay on Aruba is for a limited time and not forever. I know it's true that all good things have to come to an end, but does it have to come so soon?? The only thing that makes leaving tolerable( for me) is picking up a new book from the souvenir store in the departure area( throwing myself into a new book helps to take my mind off of leaving)I've picked up two of Dan Putowski's novels set on Aruba(Dark Currents and Under A Blue Flag) while waiting for my flight to Curacao along with planning and putting things in place for my next trip. All remaining US currency left in my wallet goes right back into the Aruba saving jar where it's buried under coins and other loose change. Enjoy your remaining time, make the most of it.

The only time I enjoy seeing the airport is when I'm picking up family/friends to join us!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Day 11

The ticker-from-hell continues...

We dropped our friends off at the airport yesterday. It's weird, you still get that angst-y feeling even though you're not leaving! i think it's a case of, "Ugh... we're next..." The airport was completely dead - one of the benefits to flying mid-week, I'm sure.

Their flight had been delayed three hours because of trouble getting the bird off the ground in Toronto (incredibly thankful we weren't on that flight... three hours? I would have lost my mind on the tarmac) and their initial response was panic... until they realized that 1) they didn't have to vacate the premises (like in a hotel) and 2) a pool awaited them rather than an airport lounge. I hope we get delayed too!

After dropping them off, we schlepped over to Price Smart and Ling's for staples and had a quiet night in watching videos. It's really feeling like home now.

If we could just get to longer stays! Working sucks!
    We were not so lucky when leaving in November (tried to post story 2x, once it signed me out after I spent an hour telling story, 2nd time my jetpack went dead and it didn't do thru..I gave up)...sorry, I digress....anyway. We went to airport an extra 2 hours early to take nephew and decided to just stay instead of going back and forth. Went thru customs, got to gate and fiddled around till I checked my email and found email from aa saying flight was delayed 45 minutes...okay...well flight that was supposed to take off at 540 was officially cancelled at 8 (give or take) and by the time they got us on a bus and over to the Ren it was so late we ate and went to bed !!!! Terrible to watch the sun all afternoon from a glassed in window and then not be able to enjoy it.....Got off next day without problems but what a wasted day...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of your trip.

While I officially hate snow based on the winter we had last year in Boston, I would be thrilled for them to close Logan down for a week while I am already there....it could snow until April and I would be okay with it, lol.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-13-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    re: being signed out or not being able to post a long "posting"

please type your long or even not so long "my aruba story" to a word document.
    remember to hit save along the way a few times.
    when you are ready to post it,just copy and paste it to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    We were not so lucky when leaving in November (tried to post story 2x, once it signed me out after I spent an hour telling story, 2nd time my jetpack went dead and it didn't do thru..I gave up)...sorry, I digress....anyway. We went to airport an extra 2 hours early to take nephew and decided to just stay instead of going back and forth. Went thru customs, got to gate and fiddled around till I checked my email and found email from aa saying flight was delayed 45 minutes...okay...well flight that was supposed to take off at 540 was officially cancelled at 8 (give or take) and by the time they got us on a bus and over to the Ren it was so late we ate and went to bed !!!! Terrible to watch the sun all afternoon from a glassed in window and then not be able to enjoy it.....Got off next day without problems but what a wasted day...

Technology has arrived in Aruba taxis...

Act1966 - January 2016-wifi.jpg

Live from Yemanja...

Act1966 - January 2016-yemanja.jpg

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast