Thread: Act1966 - January 2016

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Where's you?? We want you😎

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Live from Yemanja...

Attachment 4701

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I hate having my picture taken but HGTV will reveal all soon!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post

Act1966 - January 2016-sjm.jpg

Ta-da!

Aruba since 1979
    remember that tv show where the neighbor was always behind a fence and the viewers never saw his face? the guy's name was "wilson"
    i shall call u wilson

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sjm.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	4702

Ta-da![/QUOTE]

LOVE that place! One of our favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Live from Yemanja...

Attachment 4701

Day 12

Me: Our address is *****
    Taxi Driver: Where?
    Me: It's up in Noord
    Taxi: Uh...
    Me: Near Ting Wei? Ruby? Safir? Gold Coast? Tierra Del Sol?
    Taxi: The Marriott?
    Me: No. We're not in the resorts. You can take the route to the lights where the police station is. Caya Franz Figaroa? Route 2?
    Taxi: Uh...
    Me: Here, I'll show you on Google Maps. <<whip out phone>> it's a straight line from Yemanja to our house...
    Taxi: I'm not good with maps.
    Me: Um...

So, we directed her to the road and told her to make a left. While on the drive, she'd get voice recordings from someone, listen to them, then make a voice recording and send it back. This went on throughout the drive. Lucky for us, there was a rosary hanging from the seldom-used rearview mirror. Jesus was our co-pilot. Let's face it: Jesus was our ONLY pilot. Ugh.

Another day in paradise. Quick run to Superfood and then spent the day in the pool with our neighbour. Grilled cheese and salad with some ridiculously fat desserts from SF. Both yum and oink.

Had a fabulous dinner at Yemanja (more in Culinary). We also learned that the guy across the room from us is torn between voting for Hilary, Donald Trump and Ben Carson. I felt like getting up with a PowerPoint presentation and explaining the differences between the three. And then we could engage the whole dining room in the conversation. Acoustics, my friend. Acoustics. Let's use our inside voice next time, shall we?

Or come live in Canada where we choose our prime minister based on how handsome they are! It's a Canuck Kennedy!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    remember that tv show where the neighbor was always behind a fence and the viewers never saw his face? the guy's name was "wilson"
    i shall call u wilson
    "...and don't call me Shirley..."

LOL!! Classic.

And here it is for those who want to know what I'm talking about!!

http://youtu.be/ixljWVyPby0
    Last edited by act1966; 01-14-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Lmao!!! Don't you just love loud conversations in restaurants, especially the nonsensical ones?!?!? I'm still laughing at the thought of your power point.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Lmao!!! Don't you just love loud conversations in restaurants, especially the nonsensical ones?!?!? I'm still laughing at the thought of your power point.
    The even more hilarious part was the table of Italians behind us who heard the guy talk-screaming and then they all started jovially saying something in Italian that ended with, "Donald Trump!!" and them bursting into uproarious laughter.

Or how about those silly conversations that take place on a flight, where the people having the conversation are rows apart? It's almost as bad as using public transportation and there is that one passenger talking really loud on their phone. The most hilarious one that I was forced to listen to was an argument between some guy and his girlfriend( apparently he found out that she was cheating on him with his best friend and his cousin); as much as I tried to tune them out with the music on my i-pod the giggles and laughs from my fellow passengers made it next to impossible. When the flight attendants asked them to lower their voices they just got even louder. What made it even more hilarious was that they couple engaging the argument were both sober and not drunk as I first thought. Humans, what can you do about them?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast