Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Act1966 - November 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Have you visited the FLORA store? (near Price Mart)
    It is a magnificent and fun store!

i never got there on our past trip.
    I was hoping to purchase a decorative white feathered peacock for our christmas tree.
    We tend to hit Flora at least once a trip. Love it...but not cheap!!

Aruba since 1979
    i know about the high prices there.
    i bought a beautiful (well i think it is beautiful) beaded sparkly owl a few years ago.
    He sits in my china cabinet...with the lladro and hummels. paul seems to think it is crap.
    i love my crap owl from flora!!
    i was hoping to have gotten the "crap white decorative peacock" for way too much money at flora

We stopped there last year while it was decorated for Christmas. They had really nice displays for the holiday.
    TRIP 15 Nov-Dec 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Day 8

We headed downtown as I needed a collared shirt for a night out this week. Off to the Renaissance Mall for some browsing. We parked at the lot across the street which was about one-quarter empty. There was one cruise ship in town (Celebrity Eclipse) but the crowds weren't insane so all-in-all a good experience.

We then headed to Ling's where there were even more Xmas decorations and now sample tables all over the place. Getting through the aisles proved quite the challenge but we persevered.

Home for a nap while The Spouse installed the new ceiling fan - success! We then headed out to "Local Store" for wings!

A nice, quiet day on island.

***As I'm typing this, it's been raining for over an hour (7:00 am - 8:30 am) - we were interested in seeing how precipitation would affect the house so I've been scurrying around to see if there are any trouble spots... so far, so good. Bummer for the beach tennis though!

Just watched a video, looks like it's raining pretty hard. We had a similar day last year but it was all over by about 2pm. Better than snow, right? Hahaha..see there I go again with all this new found positive energy.

I'm one of those that never minds a little bit of rain during our stay. Glad the house is holding up!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Just watched a video, looks like it's raining pretty hard. We had a similar day last year but it was all over by about 2pm. Better than snow, right? Hahaha..see there I go again with all this new found positive energy.
    I'll take this over snow ANY day!!

Aruba since 1979
    yup still raining....but probably in an hour or 2, it will be back to normal.

enjoy!

Our neighbour sent us these photos from the south island...

Act1966 - November 2016-img_2642.jpgAct1966 - November 2016-img_2641.jpg
    Last edited by act1966; 11-20-2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Apparently I don't know the difference between singular and plural

Some video from the neighbour...

https://youtu.be/bXS1rwk2Mb8

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast