Aruba Beach
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Act1966 - November 2016

Day 9

Saw a guy collecting animals two by two and thought, "Hmmm.... that can't be a good sign."

So the rains came... we were, in a bizarre way, glad to see some rain as we were never sure how the house would do with some precipitation. Pretty good - a few small leaks but nothing a good burst of heat/sun wouldn't take care of. The landscaping is already bursting from the water so that was nice to see.

We didn't realize how lucky we are until we started seeing photos and videos from around the island... through a completely random coincidence, we seem to have chosen a location that is just elevated enough to avoid serious flooding. A lot of those pics/vids showed places where we came really close to buying on a number of occasions. So, all-in-all, lucky.

We spent the day doing more stuff around the house and The Neighbour came over to visit for a little bit so we got caught up.

But then there was the problem of dinner: I had absolutely no interest in trying to drive over to Ling's or SuperFood because of the flooding so we ended up at Tierra Del Sol. Why does everything bad happen to us?!? LOL When life hands you lemons, make a reservation.

Lovely dinner except for the woman complaining at the top of her lungs about, "...my domestic called and said she couldn't come because of the flood... what is with the help down here?!?" Nice. We cringed for a lot of reasons.

Back to the still-dry Manse for some tube and an early night.

Judging from the photos and videos I saw, you are indeed fortunate.

Let's hope that's the end of the rain for a bit.

Uh-oh....it's raining again.

Aruba since 1979
    it is 50 degrees here in W central florida today....my domestic called and she cannot come to my house today because of the chill in the air

i am so glad to hear that the rains are not dampening your humor.
    aruba had been in a long time drought..but i think this is now more than plenty.

hope the weather improves for the rest of your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Day 9

Saw a guy collecting animals two by two and thought, "Hmmm.... that can't be a good sign."

So the rains came... we were, in a bizarre way, glad to see some rain as we were never sure how the house would do with some precipitation. Pretty good - a few small leaks but nothing a good burst of heat/sun wouldn't take care of. The landscaping is already bursting from the water so that was nice to see.

We didn't realize how lucky we are until we started seeing photos and videos from around the island... through a completely random coincidence, we seem to have chosen a location that is just elevated enough to avoid serious flooding. A lot of those pics/vids showed places where we came really close to buying on a number of occasions. So, all-in-all, lucky.

We spent the day doing more stuff around the house and The Neighbour came over to visit for a little bit so we got caught up.

But then there was the problem of dinner: I had absolutely no interest in trying to drive over to Ling's or SuperFood because of the flooding so we ended up at Tierra Del Sol. Why does everything bad happen to us?!? LOL When life hands you lemons, make a reservation.

Lovely dinner except for the woman complaining at the top of her lungs about, "...my domestic called and said she couldn't come because of the flood... what is with the help down here?!?" Nice. We cringed for a lot of reasons.

Back to the still-dry Manse for some tube and an early night.

Thank god we're not beach people.... we'd be TICKED!!

Glad to hear the house is holding up well in the rains. That sure is a hell of a lot of water!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Thank god we're not beach people.... we'd be TICKED!!
    Insert melody here..We like Aruba, but we don't like to scuba.... sorry I couldn't resist.

You really do have a great sense of humor.
    After a long night at work, look forward to your post..
    again thank you for sharing

Come on!!

Act1966 - November 2016-sun.jpg

I am also so glad you did not have anything major happen to your beautiful home. Was your dinner good at Tierra Del Sol? Tomorrow is another day and hope it is a dry one.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast