Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Act1966 - November 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Your forum consultant thanks you
    I'm with you on the crowded grocery stores. I can't handle it. The things we do for beer, and for you I'm sure it's limes. As always, love your reports!
    Thanks, Tracey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I like grilled poundcake as well. Try adding a thin layer of strawberry jam on the poundcake jet before topping it with ice cream, yum!! Oh, and love your new avatar!
    Yum, Peg. That avatar is a pic from our first day on our first trip in 2007. Our friends Mary and David came down with us. We're in a tiny pool in the backyard of a house we rented in Modanza. We almost bought the first house we looked the next day but it wasn't until a few years later!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    So happy to have your trip reports back. Hope the toe is better today!
    Thanks Jacki!

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    As always.... lovin' your reports...!
    Thanks, CP.

Enjoying your review and looking so forward to more.. you sure can put a smile on one's face.
    Have you ever thought of writing a book??
    Grill pound cakes?? Sounds really good. This might just be dessert one night this week.
    Tequila is excellent for pain too.
    Have a great day and say hello to the spouse

I'm sitting in the car outside "Source 1" while The Spouse tries to get a replacement remote for the AC because it melted in the summer. All glamour, all the time. It is freaking HOT!!!

Aruba since 1979
    i have sweated so much this trip, i swear that i could have irrigated a small country.
    my friend louie and i were comparing just how sweaty we both were.
    menopause was a cakewalk compared to this.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I'm sitting in the car outside "Source 1" while The Spouse tries to get a replacement remote for the AC because it melted in the summer. All glamour, all the time. It is freaking HOT!!!

We're at the new "White Modern" at GoldCoast for dinner tonight.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I'm glad to see that you guys are back on the island. I always look forward to your reports. I'm going to try the grilled pound cake. Do you add the ice cream as soon as it comes off of the grill, or do you wait awhile?

Day 3

Having recovered from my stubbed/cut toe, I was able to carry on with the vacation. I know: I'm a martyr <<insert video of The Spouse rolling eyes>>...

The day started off with a BIG thrill as our contractor showed up to connect our new dishwasher. It was like a miracle happened right before our eyes - we'd purposely saved the dishes from the previous night's dinner party so we could give the thing a whirl. That and we're incredibly lazy. Success! Sparkling clean! Let the laziness continue!

We realized that "somebody" forgot to pack the basic first aid elements we usually travel with (band-aids, peroxide, gauze, anti-biotic ointment, universal healthcare etc.) so we were off to the botica! Love the pharmacies down here and how they basically function like doctors as long as you have your prescription from home (The Spouse has extra-strength hydrocortisone for bug bites). And we were off to lunch.

And, yes, I'm going to review McDonald's in culinary.

After the fine-dining, we hit Price Smart because what trip is complete without eighty trips to Aruba Costco? So we walk in and The Spouse heads to electronics while I schlep into the booze room to look at prices and find the elusive Bud Light pricing for my forum consultant. Success! I whip out the smart phone and take a pic of the price tag.

All of a sudden, there's a woman screaming at me in Papiamento... busted! I tried to explain that I was doing it for an imaginary friend but she had none of it. Over comes what I can only assume is a supervisor who speaks English. I said that I'm letting visitors know that prices are extremely cheap at Price Smart so they can weigh the benefits of membership and that I'm not a mole from Ling's or SuperFood. He gives me the once over and says, "Okay... but just type the prices and don't take pictures." Okaaaaaaaay. I'll update some prices over in the Shopping forum. Traceyd14 is now collecting for my bail.

Caught up with and indifferent Spouse who didn't even notice my brush with the Price Smart law and we grabbed our goodies and left.

We felt lazy so decided to go out for dinner and ended up at the new "White Modern" at Goldcoast (yes, I know... quite the choice for a lazy night but we really wanted to try out the new spot and we're on vacation so... life's short). Review in Culinary but here's a panoramic shot of the back of the clubhouse:

Act1966 - November 2016-img_0055.jpg

The breeze is back! We ate on the back terrace and there were absolutely no bugs and the wind cut the heat down significantly. Win-win!

Back to The Manse to run the dishwasher obsessively for the balance of the evening.

The excitement never stops.
    Last edited by act1966; 11-15-2016 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Consistent formatting ... we're not animals!

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast