Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: Act1966 - November 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Does Go Fund Me allow bail money collections? Your imaginary friends thank you for you risk taking, especially while dealing with an injury! A true martyr, indeed.
    I can't believe you picked McDonald's over Price Mart burgers?
    Does everybody experience that moment when you're driving with your husband/wife/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/child/friend, they're hitting low blood sugar and you suddenly think, "If I don't feed this person in the next two minutes, I'll have to kill them"?

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Even though you're on 'Price Mart Parole' you still find the time to write great trip reports.... always enjoy reading about your adventures. Thanks!
    Prison wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Does everybody experience that moment when you're driving with your husband/wife/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/child/friend, they're hitting low blood sugar and you suddenly think, "If I don't feed this person in the next two minutes, I'll have to kill them"?
    More often than I care to admit or relive!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    almost every waking hour.

Too funny----Thanks for the trip report.
    Sean and Susan

Yes.. and really. DH is a diabetic and his sugar was really low... I thought I was going to be on today's edition
    "Look Who Got Busted Today."

Again thank you for your review. Was at work last night reading them and laughing out loud.. think my team members thought I was the pt.

I resemble that. I'm a type 1. The bride reminds me all the time about how many times she's saved my life

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

The view from here with John Mayer's cover of "Free Falling" playing in the background and the infamous Aruba breeze keeping us relatively cool...

Act1966 - November 2016-bluepool.jpg

I have to ask my daughter or grandson if they need a Snickers. The power of the commercial!

Day 4

Dishwasher issues. We seem to be cursed in Aruba when it comes to dishwashers. Many beeps, inexplicable error messages and Bosch's absolutely useless customer service line. Ugh. Apparently the magical solution is to tilt the thing backwards, wipe up the water and then it's all set to go again. I'm not betting the farm.

Other than that, doing lots of things around the house and hauling out to hardware stores to do things we'd put off on the last trip.

We made a conscious effort to get out to the pool for some sun and pina coladas. A tasting note: I read online that "Bacardi 8" makes for a superior PC... I found some in a grocery store near The Manse. Life has changed because of it: colours are brighter and we can hear the angels singing. I'm not sure what the "8" stands for but, man, it's a ten in my book. If only there were a way to search for the meaning of things in the world... Oh wait! There is! Apparently it's eight-year-old rum. We celebrated the discovery by floating around and catching some sun for a couple of hours...

We stayed in for dinner and The Spouse grilled ribs and chicken from SuperFood which we had with salad and bread. We were a little worried about the wine we'd left in the refrigerator since our last trip but it stayed great and wasn't affected by the myriad of power outages in the area.

A quick look at Netflix to watch "Chelsea" - yikes... the day-after-the-election show is devastating. This "win" is going to resonate with a lot of women for a long, long time.

And then off to bed after another exciting day on island.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast