Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Act1966 October 2015

Congratulations on your Aruba home. So exciting! I know you are from Canada so is this your winter home?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChris n Bob View Post
    Congratulations on your Aruba home. So exciting! I know you are from Canada so is this your winter home?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The mad dash continues...

Back and forth to Price Smart, the notary, quick meals and enforced pool time. It's a good kind of exhausting though. We're in bed by 9:30 pm every night!

All the stores are starting to whip out the Christmas stuff so you can definitely feel it coming.

A couple 'o margaritas by the pool and getting to know the neighbours a bit. Also trying to pin down the answer to, "When is garbage day?!?" Yes, it's Aruba, so the answer isn't as black and white as you'd expect.

Nothing too exciting to report other than we're having a really good time and seeing that sunrise every morning reconfirms we've done the right thing. We still haven't made it downtown to check out the parking situation... we're off to Gostoso's soon so we'll report back on the parking then.
    I'm still getting used to the fact that you are in Aruba without me . I'm glad to hear you are getting in your pool and margarita time and fitting in a play time between all of the errands.

Where are you watching the sunrise? We are planning to do that for the first time this trip and are considering Baby Beach, the Lighthouse, or Alto Vista. Any other spots you would recommend?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I'm still getting used to the fact that you are in Aruba without me . I'm glad to hear you are getting in your pool and margarita time and fitting in a play time between all of the errands.

Where are you watching the sunrise? We are planning to do that for the first time this trip and are considering Baby Beach, the Lighthouse, or Alto Vista. Any other spots you would recommend?
    Our patio! LOL

Our patio! LOL
    Of course!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Of course!
    I'm sure we'll see you there soon!

Congrats on your new home away from home.
    I'm green of envy!

I could easily switch my Montreal condo for your place during winter if you wish...
    Pierre

Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations - we really appreciate it!

The excitement never stops - get your caffeine jolt ready for this post:

We're starting to get that "local" feeling by a strange way: we went to Arugas to buy a filled propane tank for our barbecue. Lining up, we noticed we had the same indifferent look as everybody else in line. LOL. Hurry up and wait!! We've also tried out some Papiamento much to the delight of some of the locals.

We've replaced all the incandescent and CFL light bulbs around the house (interior and exterior) with LED - not a small feat... it took awhile changing every single light in the joint but now the light is warmer and we're saving two-thirds on electricity used from lights - there, we've done our bit for the environment and promoted it as well. "Martyr" is the word you're looking for.

We had contractors in to do some upgrades.

Some well-deserved pool time for saving the environment.

We can't find a vacuum to save our lives. I don't think vacuums are a big seller on the island because it's all tile so everybody must mop the floors. We've seen some vacuums but all of questionable quality and finding replacement bags for some of the off-brand vacuums would prove a challenge down the road.

Still awake?

We headed out to Gostoso's for dinner (Culinary) and started to see smatterings of Xmas lights on the drive. Aruba doesn't mess around when it comes to Christmas.

Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations - we really appreciate it!

The excitement never stops - get your caffeine jolt ready for this post:

We're starting to get that "local" feeling by a strange way: we went to Arugas to buy a filled propane tank for our barbecue. Lining up, we noticed we had the same indifferent look as everybody else in line. LOL. Hurry up and wait!! We've also tried out some Papiamento much to the delight of some of the locals.

We've replaced all the incandescent and CFL light bulbs around the house (interior and exterior) with LED - not a small feat... it took awhile changing every single light in the joint but now the light is warmer and we're saving two-thirds on electricity used from lights - there, we've done our bit for the environment and promoted it as well. "Martyr" is the word you're looking for.

We had contractors in to do some upgrades.

Some well-deserved pool time for saving the environment.

We can't find a vacuum to save our lives. I don't think vacuums are a big seller on the island because it's all tile so everybody must mop the floors. We've seen some vacuums but all of questionable quality and finding replacement bags for some of the off-brand vacuums would prove a challenge down the road.

Still awake?

We headed out to Gostoso's for dinner (Culinary) and started to see smatterings of Xmas lights on the drive. Aruba doesn't mess around when it comes to Christmas.

Hi

we had had a a similar vacuum hunt. Finally trapped a beauty at the appliance outlet at Certified. Didn't let it escape and there was no similarity between the advertised price versus the negotiated price. It does not use bags. I am surprised it was able to avoid capture as long as it did given that it is the brightest yellow imaginable.

Speaking of Xmas, and if you go to Lings, I suggest you take the road behind Lings and visit The Hindu Palace. I swear they must have every single Xmas decoration ever made. Good prices and a lot to choose from. Worth a visit just to view

j

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi

we had had a a similar vacuum hunt. Finally trapped a beauty at the appliance outlet at Certified. Didn't let it escape and there was no similarity between the advertised price versus the negotiated price. It does not use bags. I am surprised it was able to avoid capture as long as it did given that it is the brightest yellow imaginable.

Speaking of Xmas, and if you go to Lings, I suggest you take the road behind Lings and visit The Hindu Palace. I swear they must have every single Xmas decoration ever made. Good prices and a lot to choose from. Worth a visit just to view

j
    Great tips! We didn't even think of Certified. Thanks, AQ.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast