Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Alot of Aruba "firsts" on this trip

Alot of Aruba "firsts" on this trip

This is our 32nd trip to Aruba in 20 years and I am still seeing/doing new things. Will write a full trip report with photos when I return (going on our 15th night tonight and headed for home tomorrow).

Some new (or sort of new) things for us -
    First beach morning we saw a stingray swimming along the shoreline and followed him all the way to the end of Amsterdam Manor's beach.
    Couple of days ago we saw a few people in the water looking up and pointing - looked up and there was a flamingo flying overhead.
    Saw two starfish on Eagle Beach during our first week
    Lots of puffer fish around the pier at the Bugaloe in the morning (haven't seen these by the pier in years)
    Saw a burrowing owl on our morning walk from Amsterdam Manor to Costa Linda along the road walkway (there is some old concrete/pool just before you get to Screaming Eagle where we used to see them years ago before construction on condos began. Happy to see them back again.)
    This morning - church group was at the end of the beach by Amsterdam Manor doing baptisms. A lot of singing and clapping - so amazing to witness.

We are wrapping up 15 nights/16 days and have a wonderful time being with friends, meeting new friends, celebrating birthdays, our anniversary, and getting our Goodwill Ambassador certificate from the ATA.

And now....back to the beach.....
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    Amy, So glad you had a wonderful trip. Thanks a lot for keeping us posted.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

West Deck in the afternoon
    I would live to see a stingray!! Glad you had a great vacation.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Windows on Aruba, Paddock
    Truly amazing Amy after all your trips to have so many "firsts". I always hope to see a starfish on my walks. Have a great last evening and safe travels home.

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Thanks for sharing. I love hearing that people still see new things after many trips.

Aruba since 1979
    as dividivifan says, truly amazing
    thanks for sharing your "story" with the forum

Any Aruba beach...
    Amy and Mike enjoy your last day today. The weather looks PERFECT!

everywhere and anywhere
    Great trip "firsts"....have seen flamingos while diving in Bonaire but never Aruba....Will make an effort to walk along beach to find owls....would be so cool to see them !!!!
    Safe travels home !!!

I would love to see a flamingo fly by ! You definitely saw some great things. Safe trip home. Look forward to your trip report.

Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Glad you saw so many of natures beautiful creatures! Safe travels back home!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast