Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Amsterdam Manor Nov. 2013 with Photos

Amsterdam Manor Nov. 2013 with Photos

Here's the link to my trip report and photos below. Just click on the small photos within the report to make them larger. Sorry it took so long....the holidays hit after we got back and it was a busy time.

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/tri...2013/amy-mike/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Great report and loved the pics. Don't let yourself get "embarrassed by hans. I don't think it matters when you try to make reservations with him. We couldn't get a car from him last year for end of May/June and I had tried to get the reservation in January. We got a car from him this June but I emailed him in December immediately after confirming my flights. He seems to be very popular.

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for sharing

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Boy, the Amsterdam Manor is beautiful. We rode past it a few times and it always looked nice but its REALLY nice!!!

Amy, I enjoyed your trip report and photos. The Amsterdam Manor looks great. Having to go across the street to get to the beach has kept us from giving it a try but now I think it's just silly to think that way. AM is now on our list of choices for when we do get to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Amy, I enjoyed your trip report and photos. The Amsterdam Manor looks great. Having to go across the street to get to the beach has kept us from giving it a try but now I think it's just silly to think that way. AM is now on our list of choices for when we do get to return.
    It's worth it to cross the street for the beach because it's such a great beach! Wide open spaces and no crowds.

Thanks for sharing! Love the pictures!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I used to think the exact same thing until on one of our trips we decided to give it a try - back then we used to split our 2 weeks up (one on Palm Beach and one on Eagle Beach) so we spent our first week at Amsterdam Manor and our second week at the old Aruba Grand. When the Grand closed, we were happy to have found a new "home" that we could go to. And the walk across the road has never bothered us like we thought it might. I even timed it once....from my room to my chair under my palapa was less than 1 minute. LOL!

If you ever have any questions about it, just let me know. I know the resort and the rooms like the back of my hand. LOL! I forgot to mention one of my favorite things about Amsterdam Manor (being the computer geek that I am): FREE Wifi available from all of the rooms and the pool/bar area. And if you don't want to bring your laptop they also have 3 free computers outside of the front desk area that all guests can use.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I originally thought the same way about La Cabana (right next to AM) now I can't imagine staying on any other stretch of beach!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Having to go across the street to get to the beach has kept us from giving it a try but now I think it's just silly to think that way. AM is now on our list of choices for when we do get to return.
    Having a father who has difficulty walking, our biggest considerations for a resort were size and proximity to the beach. The other was access to the ocean from the beach- no steep inclines or rocks.

The Amsterdam Manor won out due to its size as well as quality of beach. We were not disappointed.

The walk from our suite to our palapa was shorter than from any room in say the Bonaire Tower at the Radisson to the beach. Also most of the walk to the beach at the Amsterdam Manor is on a flat surface.

Aruban drivers stop for pedestrians to allow them to cross the road so it was very very easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast