Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amsterdam Manor Trip Report with Photos

Amsterdam Manor Trip Report with Photos

Sorry this took so long but had a lot of things going on when I got home (hubby's MBA graduation party and some house remodeling.)

Here's the link with photos (just click on the small photos within the trip report to make them larger:

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2009/amy/

Hope it's not too boring but this was a "do nothing" trip...and I did nothing....but I did enjoy alot of these:

~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

report! Gecko for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    report! Gecko for breakfast!
    That was a first for me! When I first saw something sticking out of the slot I just thought it was bread crumbs stuck on it at first...then as I got closer, I looked at him and he looked at me and I think we both screamed!

I think the lizard from earlier in the trip sent him to my room for revenge.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Great trip report and beautiful pictures. Lucky you, you get to go again in Sept.. Would you say the restaurants are less crowded than last year? We are going in July and always make reservations. Do you think we will still need them?

Aruba since 1979
    LOVED IT
    thanks
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by lindon View Post
    Great trip report and beautiful pictures. Lucky you, you get to go again in Sept.. Would you say the restaurants are less crowded than last year? We are going in July and always make reservations. Do you think we will still need them?
    Restaurants were definitely not crowded in comparison to last April. We never made a single reservation but also went in knowing that we would be happy sitting at the bar with a drink or two if we had to wait.

We showed up at Madame Janette's at 7pm one night without a reservation and were seated right away. But I would say by 8pm the place was pretty full and busy so I think we got lucky that we went so early.

Wait....we did make a reservation at Passions which we did need because they have limited tables, especially for the 6:30pm sunset time.

Great report as always Amy. I would love to meet in September I will be there from 23 Sep to Oct 6, and staying at the Radisson. Lets talk closer to the departure.

This lady knows how to have a great time.....Thanks for sharing

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey ~amy~ you didn't mention you met us...cindy and rob....its ok, we just chuckled over it...

amy
    nice report. I have been staying at Hyatt HR for past 8 trips and Katherine and I are considering the DIVI LR for family (3 young children included) I have always been interested in AM but have been reluctant to try because of the road crossing from facility to beach. I thought it would be difficult to perform the pool to beach dance with the kids.

Any thoughts? How is the AM for kids? is it mostly couples/adults?

Ralph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast