Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Andrea/Paul Aug 2011 Lacabana

Aruba since 1979

Andrea/Paul Aug 2011 Lacabana

August 11-25 2011

Air AA Tampa to Miami, quick, painless, inexpensive covered parking for the 2 weeks in Tampa $70.75 includes shuttle to and from airport.
    Air AA Miami to Aruba, not so quick and or painless. Then we sat and sat.
    Turned out the plane had front tire(s) issues. 1 hr and 10 minute delay on a frigid cold airplane. No, neither one of us had our sweatshirts in our carry on...or checked bag either.

The 2 checked pieces of luggage (AA still offers one FREE checked piece per passenger for international travel) One weighed in at 28 and the other at 40.
    We also have a small pilot style case, carry on with our laptop and toiletry bags and other small stuff.

Apparently, some type of Osmond gathering on a cruise ship that is leaving out of Aruba (?). There are 3 of the brothers on this flight and they told us they are going on a cruise from Aruba. 1 in first class (Jim) and the other 3 in row 10 and a couple of their children (teens) on flight as well. No Donnie, or Marie. :-(

Continue later, we are 30 minutes to arrival......approx 1 hr late.

Arrived in Aruba, 1.5 hrs late.......our plane had a flat in Miami.

Spoke at length with the Osmond “boys”........Wayne, Jay and Jim.
    They were heading to meet a cruise ship in Aruba and were all lamenting that they wished they could just stay in Aruba and vegetate.

Arrived at Lacabana ! Kevin and Becca look well and we are all thrilled to be together.

We all jumped into the ocean for an hour, had a frozen pina colada, showered and had a nice dinner at Lindas. The kids has extraordinary pancakes with bananas and strawberries and whipped cream.......Paul and I had chicken and tenderloin sate’ w/ salad and rice. Brought home 2 qts of tomato soup for lunch for the 4 of us today.

I forgot our phone!
    Rented from Charles at FAST PHONE and he delivered it quickly.
    Dentist in an hr.
    Hoping the crown i need replaced really only needs repair.

Weather BREEZY and fair sky.
    Way cooler than FLA. (not cold by any sense of the word)
    But right now as i type on our patio, i am wearing flannel pj pants and a windbreaker jacket that we had in our timeshare box.

Tonight dinner will be ____________? I was thinking BUCCANEER tonight.
    Will have to see what the others in the group want to do.

Sorry your trip got off to a bumpy and delayed start.....but hope you enjoy each and every moment to come :-D

Sorry about the delay, but thank God you guys got there ok. All is good now because you are in Aruba. Have a wonderful time, and looking forward to your reports. Can't wait to get back, so I will live through you these two weeks. lol
    Pat

Let the vacation begin,sorry for the bad start but your there safe and ready to have some fun.Enjoy your vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    not a bad start at all.
    i am sorry i made it sound that negative.
    the osmonds made up for it.

today so far.......... dentist at 8am
    2 cleanings
    + 2 exams

paul has to go back fri for a little "work" on friday

spent the morning in and out of the ocean and afternoon in the pool.
    couple of errands now and then it is BUCCANEER tonight for dinner
    and
    the some playing cards with sherry, murray, kevin, becca and a large pitcher(s) sangria.

FOR $90 TWO CLEANINGS AND EXAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! next time we needed it it will be cheaper to fly and do it in Aruba then in NY[we have GHI which isn,t to generous so we must put out of our pockets rest of it.Glad you enjoy your time in Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    when paul retired (early retirement, took a pkg) there was no dental insurance.
    dental in new england is outrageous. probably around $100 pp for cleaning and exam. crown for a molar was over $1500. post and root canal another $1200.
    robbery!

so we looked into a dentist in aruba and found a perfect dentist.
    we have had all of our amalgam fillings replaced by her.
    we have had crown/bridge work done.
    been her patients now since fall 2008 and we see her every august and every december or january.

Quote Originally Posted by yefim8 View Post
    FOR $90 TWO CLEANINGS AND EXAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! next time we needed it it will be cheaper to fly and do it in Aruba then in NY[we have GHI which isn,t to generous so we must put out of our pockets rest of it.Glad you enjoy your time in Aruba

Andrea, how is she what did she have?????? When we were there in Feb, my friend had to go see her thought she was great... How nice your in one on my favorite places the other being Disney...hope you have a great trip. Can't wait to hear your reports... enjoy my friend.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Good to see you made it safe and sound! Have a great trip! Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    she had a girl.
    the baby is now about 6 months old.
    and beautiful.

:-)

QUOTE=sunworshipperII;209477]Andrea, how is she what did she have?????? When we were there in Feb, my friend had to go see her thought she was great... How nice your in one on my favorite places the other being Disney...hope you have a great trip. Can't wait to hear your reports... enjoy my friend.[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast