Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Andrea and Paul's Trip Report Dec 11 - 25

Aruba since 1979

nyquil/dayquil what day is it and where are we?

What dai is it?
    Where did i leave off?

So let's begin with Thursday Dec 23.
    Paul and I spent the day in and out of the sun here at Caribbean Palm Village, dodging an occasional rain drop.
    We did head out early for breakfast, a stop at the botica (nyquil) AND a jump in the ocean at Eagle Beach.
    Weather clouds on and off with heavy downpour late afternoon.
    No real breeze and quite uncomfortable being in the sun when the sun was OUT.
    Dinner was at COOKS (again)
    Met up with a friend Kathy (Liz of NJs sister) and Kathy is a joy to be around!! Paul and i enjoy her company.
    KAthy brought 2 other fine folks with her...a nice dutch couple that own a bed and breakfast in noord. i will post their website when i find the business card in my wallet google aruba puur bed and breakfast.

dinner at cooks was terrific.
    we all had salads, vegetable soup, steak, rice with veggies and cashews, mashed potato. steamed veggies, coffee and flan. $25
    Oh my gosh was it ever delicious
    and i bet it'd be even more delicious if paul and i did not have miserable colds!

So that was Thursday.

Today, we are heading over to Aquaman's house and then hopefully a few hours poolside here.
    Dinner was to be at Madam Janettes, but with paul's sore back, he cannot sit on those chairs :-) in the garden area.

later!

Merry Christmas

Andrea and Paul,

Merry Christmas! Have a safe flight back to Florida. It was great to see both of you this week.

Kathy

Aruba since 1979
    thanks kathy
    loved seeing you, and meeting steve and eating the delicious quiche.

merry christmas and thank you for all of the wonderful, kind exhausting work you do for the animals of aruba.
    for the animals that cannot say it.........LOVE YOU

Aruba since 1979
    Fri Dc 24 christmas eve

spent an hour or so at AQUAMAN's home in the alto vista area.
    for those of you that would ever consider renting a house for a week, 2, month......this is a great house. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths large open kitchen, living dining room area.....large patio that just seems to extend the living room. very nice pool and pool deck it is everything one could possibly need or want. there is airconditioning, but with the windows open the place had a marvelous breeze blowing thru and felt cool and refreshing.

came back to our resort to RAIN and RAIN and RAIN.
    took a nyquil at 2 and slept til 7
    both of us are coughing lots.

dinner.....was to be at MJs, but with the sore back and our colds...forget it.

tomorrow we go to a friend's house for breakfast and hope we do not spread our germs too much .....then on to the airport and home by 6?

signing out for now.

review
    sun, clouds, rain, sun, large waves, mosquitos, lunar eclipse, colds and cough, eat, eat , eat, drink pina coladas and chug nyquil.

Thanks for the updates, especially the weather. Merry x-mas and have a safe flight

Safe travels home, time to start planning the next trip!
    When will you have reached 50 trips?

Aruba since 1979
    an addendum for the 24th

after i signed off on aruba.com last night and checked my facebook, i had a message from an aruban friend and she invited paul and i over to a christmas eve dinner and to meet her family.

we went for an hr or 2 and it was a BLAST.

this morning, went to another friend's home for breakfast and a christmas visit and the visit was FUN and the breakfast delicious.

and btw, in aruba today at least where i was NOORD and downtown and airport it was POURING. deluge. buckets. waterfalls.

Agreed...with Lisa's statements.

Other than the rain, Andrea, it appears that you and Paul had a wonderful time over the Holidays in Aruba. Of course, no one would disagree...whatever relaxation you have; or wherever you have it; it most certainly is well deserved!

Glad you both returned safe and sound. Now, I hope you have an absolutely wonderful New Year with good health and happiness.

Ed
    Last edited by Edronenburg; 12-26-2010 at 02:42 PM.

yo Andrea, Re:
    tuesday 14th
    "...looked for Jenn Again at Lacabana.
    visited a few folks at lacabana, jumped in the pool and eventually back here to our resort. (not quite pool hopping, we are lacabana owners)..."

Did you have any problems parking in the LCBR lots without the ID bands??
    In a previous discussion here I mentioned that LCBR does permit non-owners to park in the lots for dining (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks). I confirmed this w/management there again Nov. as well with Angel, one of the porters who always has a smile.

And for non-diners, Eagle Beach on-beach parking is available just South of LCBR.

Be Well!
    (btw, after so many years, this was probably our last Aruba vacation)
    Thanks to All Who Serve!

Aruba since 1979
    we are owners at lacabana.
    we have id cards
    we got wrist bands at the front desk for day's use.
    it all depends on crowds if they allow non guests (but owners) to use the facilities.

there was no issue of parking at lacabana that day.

during the renovation and the limited parking lacabana has the right to disallow nonguests from using their lots.

Quote Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
    yo Andrea, Re:
    tuesday 14th
    "...looked for Jenn Again at Lacabana.
    visited a few folks at lacabana, jumped in the pool and eventually back here to our resort. (not quite pool hopping, we are lacabana owners)..."

Did you have any problems parking in the LCBR lots without the ID bands??
    In a previous discussion here I mentioned that LCBR does permit non-owners to park in the lots for dining (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks). I confirmed this w/management there again Nov. as well with Angel, one of the porters who always has a smile.

And for non-diners, Eagle Beach on-beach parking is available just South of LCBR.

Be Well!
    (btw, after so many years, this was probably our last Aruba vacation)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast