Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Andrea and Paul's Trip Report Dec 11 - 25

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!
    sorry, trigger finger itchy. Full post below
    Last edited by cubella59; 01-03-2011 at 11:15 AM.

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!
    Andrea,

Did you ever make it to the new restaurant at CPV? It's owned by Anky who previously managed Chez Matilde and Matthew's at CDM. I hear it's fantastic. Their chef is Peruvian and came from (I believe) Manchebo. I understand he makes a mean ceviche. We meant to make it there on our last trip but it rained so much in early December, the roads to it were impassable from our home. In fact, you couldn't get from the Valero to CPV just to give you an idea.

Here's a link to their Facebook page. I will definitely be trying them on my next trip next week.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/thecaribbeanpalm

Their prices are very fair.

Aruba since 1979
    we did not dine there for any meals other than breakfast.

our first breakfast was horrendous....service slow...really slow, lousy coffee, cold eggs, no butter for toast and repeated requests for butter/margarine went ignored.

we were annoyed that the restaurant management allowed "vendors" to come by and distribute their brochures and do a sales pitch for their "product". (the only NON offensive one was Jolly pirates....she was discrete, pardoned herself for interrupting breakfast and was very pleasant.... the magician, the atv tours and others were offensive and bothersome)

we thought the bad breakfast experience was a fluke and gave it another shot a few days later.
    it was a bit better, barely.

not willing to chance a dinner on the place.

and if they "own the bar"..........husband went a few times to get the 2/1 drinks during happy hour. both times he got there before happy hour was over and was forced to wait 10 minutes.......when drinks were finally ordered, happy hour was over and he was charged the regular price. he did explain to the person at the register that he did not approve of that practice and felt it was "poor form". only then was the bill adjusted.

sorry if my review was not what you were expecting.

we were unimpressed and really wanted to like the place.

too bad.......CPV is such a good place....maybe the restaurant folks are still working out the kinks?

Quote Originally Posted by cubella59 View Post
    Andrea,

Did you ever make it to the new restaurant at CPV? It's owned by Anky who previously managed Chez Matilde and Matthew's at CDM. I hear it's fantastic. Their chef is Peruvian and came from (I believe) Manchebo. I understand he makes a mean ceviche. We meant to make it there on our last trip but it rained so much in early December, the roads to it were impassable from our home. In fact, you couldn't get from the Valero to CPV just to give you an idea.

Here's a link to their Facebook page. I will definitely be trying them on my next trip next week.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/thecaribbeanpalm

Their prices are very fair.

ok, I'm really trsuggling with posting today:-(
    Last edited by cubella59; 01-03-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry to hear that as well. I have Dutch friends on the island that just loved it. I'll give them a shot for lunch in that case. I know they had just opened at end of Nov so maybe they are still working out kinks. I loved the idea of having a new nice, inexpensive place less than two minutes from the house...

I'll report back. I think I'm going to order their pizza to go on my second night there as we have friends arriving on the late AA flight that gets in at 10:45. By the time they get to the house, it's 12:30am

Quote Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
    yo Andrea, Re:

Be Well!
    (btw, after so many years, this was probably our last Aruba vacation)

Why will this be your last Aruba vacation?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    Hi Andrea,
    I have to ask, what is Linda's? The food sounds delicious from they way you describe it. I wasn't sure if it's a restaurant or a friend of yours. Either way, sounds good to me! I just read your whole trip report. Sorry to hear you and your hubby were sick on your trip!

Aruba since 1979
    lindas is a "dutch pancake restaurant"
    but it really is much more!

it is small with in and outdoor dining.
    location on palm beach road not far from the wendys in the hi rise area in the same area as bingo restaurant.

the menu is extensive for pancakes and pizza and limited for dinner.
    my husband and i love the dutch tomato soup and the chicken and beef sate'.
    actually there has not been a meal we did not love.

closed on sundays.

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    Oh wow, thanks girls! We have been looking for a place like that. My mother in law is coming in on a cruise one of the days we are there so we were looking for a place to take her to lunch, Linda's sounds great! Thank you!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast