Aruba Beach

Thread: Another great trip as usual!

Floating in the ocean at the Radisson

Another great trip as usual!

We returned Tuesday from another great trip - this was our 9th and always at the Radisson. The weather and the water were both a little cloudier than usual, but there was still plenty of sun. We didn't do anything except eat and float in the water all day. Doesn't get any better than that! We tried Passions for the first time - we really enjoyed the atmosphere and the delicious watermelon salad (who would have thought that watermelon, feta cheese and chili dressing would taste so good together?). I had the grilled coconut shrimp and it was very good. My husband had steak (not a fish eater) and said it was not very good. We also went to some of our favorites - Salt and Pepper for nachos and tapas, El Gaucho (steak is great, broccoli in olive oil with garlic - yum!!, and the garlic bread is delicious!), Casa Tua for great pizza (also love the music at Arawak (sp?) Gardens), and finally tried Gianni's for the first time. Have resisited so far (almost went when we were there in June) because Italian food in the Caribbean has never appealed to us. However, we finally went this trip and it was just ok. Service was ok - the several servers we had (couldn't keep track of all of them) seemed pretty arrogant. We both had veal parm and it was ok, but the garlic bread was delicious. I would have been happy with just the bread!

Did a little shopping - Joe at Kay's was great as usual. Bought a beautiful watch and he gave us a great price. I have bought a few things from him and he always gives us great prices.

Flights in and out were perfect. We always fly Delta from Hartford through Atlanta and have never had any problems. Customs (on both ends) went well and we breezed right through.

We've been home for 3 days and already can't wait to go back!

Renaissance Hotel, Baby Beach
    Thank you for a great report and glad you had a great time. I know we all miss our island/home away from home, and can not wait to go back, it helps to start making plans and does not feel as bad.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Thanks for your report. Love to hear when people had a great time. I'm sorry to hear about the servers at Gianni's. The service is not always good there, but never have found them arrogant.

aruba76 - I'm in CT also. I've always flown United or US Air primarily through Charlotte. Nice to know Delta is another option.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach
    I'm also from CT. Sounds like you had a great time. We are one month away from our next trip. Nice to read trip reports and dream!