Aruba Beach
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By SanNic44
  • 1 Post By SanNic44

Thread: Arrived One Piece

Arrived One Piece

Arrived spot on time with American Airlines this afternoon. Very interesting approach to the island. Stayed well west and high then did a 360, descending under/through some clouds, still a high and fast approach into Runway 11. Landing well enough, just a minute or two ahead of the Delta flight so immigration and customs were speedy. Cab to Savaneta.

Opened up the shack to get some breeze but very little wind. Haven't seen Tux the Cat but he's around because paw prints all over the car. (Him or his nemesis, Ashburn.) Need to cut the weeds, clean the floors, stock the larder. Then it will be on the streets, cutting video, posting photos, and generally doing the Aruba thing. Hope to see some of you down here soon.

Update: Tux the Cat just showed up, looking very good. Must have another person on the hook, giving him chow and water.
    Last edited by SanNic44; 11-09-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We're looking forward to hearing and seeing your adventures on the island. It helps us get through the dreary winter in New England.

Just got back from Ling's. Stocked the larder with 441.49 florins of grub. Looked at the receipt, looked at my belly, said, "Nic, you gotta cut back a little or you'll be 2X44." Then again, live large and prosper. Besides 441.49 is a lucky number.

Bon dia and much more interesting photo/video to begin in only a few days.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome home to you and mrs 44

glad that tux has returned home too.
    is there a neighbor that you can rely on regularly?
    is tux friendly enough that you can approach and touch? pick up?

See you in a couple weeks , enjoy yourselves

Cosmo,

We're ready for some food adventures.

Andrea,

Tux is fairly friendly with me. You can pet his head a few times, then he backs away. The neighbors like him because he's a killer, but they don't seem willing to feed him. The guy who checks my shack and when friends and family are here, feed him, but that's not all the time. He's looking real good, so he must have been feasting well enough. He's tiny compared to my cat in the States, who goes 20 lbs. Absolute tiger that one is.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Smile

Hey Dan, Welcome! I am going to take my Dad snorkling in the morning for his first time if you care to join us. We will hit MH at 8:45 and be done at 10. Let me know. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017