Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Arrived at Renaissance Suites...Day 1

Updates...

The sunken barge is about 30 yards out past the rocks at the far corner of the adult side beach. Incredible fish there. Visibility has been superb. No current the first few days and a little more current yesterday.

Thunder showers this morning but it looks like it may clear soon.

Zeerovers last night was excellent. We don't have a car and it was an expensive taxi ride - $26 each way from Renaissance. Definitely would be better with a rental car. The restaurant is on the road on the way to the Flying Fishbone. Basically a local bar that serves fresh fish that the fishermen bring in each day. There is a window to order in the front and everyone speaks english. The catch yesterday was shrimp and Mahi Mahi so we selected some of each. They put the fish in a bowl and you decide how much you want and then they pass it on to the fry cook. He dumps the fish into a fryer (no batter involved) and cooks it up quickly. They also have french fries, fried plantains, and a sweet bread. When the fish/shrimp is done, they sprinkle some seasoning salt on it and you can eat out on the deck or the pier. The fish was not fileted but was cut into steaks and fried with the skin on. The cooked fish and side are served in a basket (no silverware) and you sit on the deck and peel your shrimp and pick at the fish. We all had a blast and all of the food was excellent. The Mahi Mahi was some of the best I've ever had. This restaurant is not for everyone but we really enjoyed the seafood, sitting with the locals, and watching the fishing boats come in to upload their catch. My family of four ate until we were stuffed and the cost was $40.00. If you are their when the sun is setting you get an added bonus as this is one of the nicest spots on the island to see a sunset.

I think I see the sun so its time to get to the beach...

Dave
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Cool thanks!

Now I have a legitimate excuse as to why I am walking down the adult beach..

Wednesday in Aruba

A quick breakfast at Dunkin Donuts this morning. Then we packed up for the beach and walked down to the bus station downtown. Boarded to the bus and headed down to Eagle Beach by La Cabana/Amsterdam Manor. The beach was beautiful and not very crowded. This remains my favorite hotel beach on the island. The sand is amazingly soft and there are always gentle swells in the ocean that lift you off your feet. Very soothing and relaxing. Beach chair rental is $5 for the day if you are not staying at one of the resorts there. Water sports are available. Many palapas available throughout the day if you want shade (no waiting at 5 am for a reservation). We stayed at the beach until about 4 pm. Stopped on the way back at a restaurant called "The Kitchen", located behind the Certified Mega Mall, on the main road across from Bushiri Beach Resort. They have expanded and not offer eat in (about 10 tables) as well as take out. We had the steak sandwich ($7) which was excellent. They have an open kitchen and wood fired grill where you can watch them cook your lunch or dinner. They are now open until 10 pm (just expanded their hours) and they serve top notch food for about half the price of many of the popular restaurants. You can Google "the kitchen aruba" and you will find their menu. I highly recommend this place and it is right on the bus line.

We crashed early as we were all exhausted from the beach. Can't believe that tomorrow is our last full day on the island.

Dave and Jodie
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    thanks so much for taking the time during your vacation to post.
    we too love that section of beach in front of the lacabana/amsterdam manor.

also too thank you for THE KITCHEN information. we love that place as take out and when we were there in august it was closed for renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJodie View Post
    A quick breakfast at Dunkin Donuts this morning. Then we packed up for the beach and walked down to the bus station downtown. Boarded to the bus and headed down to Eagle Beach by La Cabana/Amsterdam Manor. The beach was beautiful and not very crowded. This remains my favorite hotel beach on the island. The sand is amazingly soft and there are always gentle swells in the ocean that lift you off your feet. Very soothing and relaxing. Beach chair rental is $5 for the day if you are not staying at one of the resorts there. Water sports are available. Many palapas available throughout the day if you want shade (no waiting at 5 am for a reservation). We stayed at the beach until about 4 pm. Stopped on the way back at a restaurant called "The Kitchen", located behind the Certified Mega Mall, on the main road across from Bushiri Beach Resort. They have expanded and not offer eat in (about 10 tables) as well as take out. We had the steak sandwich ($7) which was excellent. They have an open kitchen and wood fired grill where you can watch them cook your lunch or dinner. They are now open until 10 pm (just expanded their hours) and they serve top notch food for about half the price of many of the popular restaurants. You can Google "the kitchen aruba" and you will find their menu. I highly recommend this place and it is right on the bus line.

We crashed early as we were all exhausted from the beach. Can't believe that tomorrow is our last full day on the island.

Dave and Jodie

Thanks Dave for all the updates! We are looking forward to our trip in under t-2weeks. Happy Merry Holidays!
    Peace patti

Thanks so much. You guys really got around and had some fun. Enjoy to the last minute.
    Sean and Susan

Thanks Dave and Jodie we have 10 days before we leave and your info about beach and restaurant is much appreciated.
    Jo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12