Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Arrived yesterday 9/25 The O's are back in town...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Arrived yesterday 9/25 The O's are back in town...

Quick note to debkeith... Let's keep this site rocking!!
    Will post our palapas numbers as soon as Rob gets them

Left our abode at 5:15 for a 8 am flight, seemed a tad early to me but who am I to complain
    BLEW threw Providence airport and was drinking my coffee at 6 am. TY TSA and global card!
    Boarded and pilot announces we're leaving 35 minutes from now, ah, look at Rob and say this isn't good.
    Arrived with just enough time to sprint to the next terminal in Charlotte and sit for 5 minutes to spare.
    Boarded the plane and flight was uneventful. Little did we know problems were brewing in Aruba at airport.
    Arrived...
    The immigration lines were nothing but short of disgusting. There had to have been 400 people waiting.
    We were moved to the ARUBA HAPPY FLOW line after waiting 25 minutes in that long line. So this new HAPPY FLOW business wasn't making to many people happy either because they had to keep resetting in, it would freeze up every other person. For those who haven't experienced this little gem it's a little glass box shaped kiosk that YOU step into, you scan your own passport and it does facial recognition, then it takes your pic, and off you go. In theory it sounds great. I guess it's a " give it time" thing. There were only 3 lines opened in regular area.

So little did we know at that point there had been trouble brewing in the airport. Jen and Diana arrived 2 hrs before us
    and their flight from Orlando deplaned on the Tarmac. Apparently a strike was brewing with employees in the tower. Hubert picked the girls up and let them know our flight scheduled for 2 hours later might be diverted. Ah, they didn't care. They had the room to themselves. Bully picked us up. Sooooo happy to see him. He tells us we're lucky to be in.

Anyway we're here. Our room is in Spyglass, 9th floor overlooking pool and fab ocean view. Happy!

We then took a cab to Lings and stocked up on basic needs, came back to room, unpacked that and headed out to JHYee's. We originally had made reservations for the hibachi table but we were just to tired to sit thru that show. Instead we asked for a table near the Windows. We were seated next to a large round table of people . Thats when it got fun.
    In between Rob and I talking I hear the word Gyro copter... Holy cow I said to Rob, that's not a word you hear every day. I look over and think I 'know" one of the faces and voices from Curts podcast and a recent post I had made the day before. I walked over to that person and introduced myself. It was all the key players in the Aruba dog adoption.
    I got to meet Kathi, Cheryl Schneider and Cheryl Talcof and a few others. All people I " knew" in the dog adoption.
    The funny thing was Rob posted a picture of our drinks in the restaurant, Lisa( dog mom) posts that Cheryl is in the same restaurant and he posts Cindy just met them!!

Sooooo, more reports shall follow.
    Heading to beach for the day and Arubaville tonight.

Room View this morning while we have coffee and strop waffles on the deck. Plenty of chairs to choose from.

Arrived yesterday 9/25 The O's are back in town...-image.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    Stroop waffels so early?

isnt that funny!! sitting there and meeting the Arf-Aruba folks.
    of those that you mentioned, i only know Kathy...aka SUGAR (username on this forum)
    she is a kind and dear lady and i am honored to know her and be her friend.

so cindy (and rob) get down to the beach.
    enjoy and we look forward to reading of your escapades.

where is the pope?

It's so much fun to meet people from the forum especially when it is unexpected. Sounds like you got off to a rough start with all the airline stuff but are now settling in. Love your morning views!!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    What a lovely and fun surprise to meet the dog rescue folks by chance after a bumpy start getting into Aruba.

That view is fabulous! Could I have some of your waffles, please? They would go nicely with my coffee!

Enjoy your relaxing day at the pool! Let the fun begin!

Waiting for the girls to wake up

Woke up this morning, 1:30 am to be exact, to noise in the bathroom.
    Waiting for the chicks to emerge as we sit on the balcony coffee in hand.
    We Were up at 6:15 and in the gym by 6:30.
    Princesses went on the Pub Crawl last nite.
    i have no details on their little excursion but suffice to say the bathroom was quite loud.
    No idea what bars they hit, but it should be interesting.
    Rob had a little chit chat before they left about watching the bar tender make and pour you drink. Accept no drinks from anyone etc.....stay tuned on this one.

Yesterday was perfect. At our palapa by 9:15, walked to see Scott and Leslie, had breakfast and a drink and caught up there. Headed back to beach to float. Brought cheese and crackers, grapes, popcorn and drinks there so we didn't have to trek back to room. Lost the girls mid day. So, we are anxiously awaiting their chirping.
    Bully picked us up and off to Arubaville. Hubert picked us up for return. Rob loves talking baseball with him. Going to work on Bully and Judella's trip to Boston tonite with them.
    Picking up our rental car later today.
    For my Surf friend owners.... No Surf coffee cups available for sale, a little ticked
    off here. There the ones you refill for a dollar.

Tonite Red Fish
    Girls doing Jolly Pirate today
    Last edited by cindyo; 09-27-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Sounds like a great day! Would love to hear more about the bar crawl later. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We always love your recommendations!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    Hmmm bathroom noise from young ladies after a pub crawl. I have heard and made those noises before.
    They need OJ.

Have a wonderful day.
    Thanks for sharing.

Cindy/rob, i combined this into the exisiting My Aruba Story thread.

I've heard good things about Red Fish. Hope you enjoy it! Thinking if you heard a lot if bathroom noise, the hurts may spend the day with you napping on the beach. Enjoy!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    WOW! You are early birds! Sounds like a wonderful day with a perfect ending, dinner at a sunset restaurant.
    Would love to hear the girls adventures and Diana's impressions, it is the first time for her to be in Aruba?

Continue to have a fabulous vacation! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast