Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11

Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11

I woke up way to early this morning! This time tomorrow we will be waiting at the airport. The boys have already requested Cinnabuns.
    I thought I'd take this report from a slightly different view. This won't be the romantic couple trip like we had last time. Traveling with 2 teenage boys (15 & 17) will have it's challenges.
    We have several activities planned to keep them busy with enough down time for us to enjoy drinks on the beach.
    We are staying at Paridise Beach Villas on Eagle Beach. We are owners at La Cabana but needed a 2/2 with the boys and were able to get a great trade deal and will still be next door.
    I have lists literally every where! The suitcases are lined up and other than a few last minute items they are ready. I was literally counting underwater for each of them last night ;-p The dogs have their reservation to be dropped off at their spa today. I have a folder with all our important papers (passports, flight, reservation confirmations...) I remembered to make copies of our passports and credit cards and my daughter has those. I've called all the credit card companies. Made a good choice to go to the bank for cash yesterday. Found out they are closed today.
    I'll finish last minute things today. An early take out dinner so I won't have to clean the kitchen again! Then hopefully to bed early to get some sleep before we leave at 3 am. We are outside Columbia, SC and driving 1 1/2 hour to Charlotte, NC to catch a direct flight. Touchdown schedule for 11:41! To go out of our local airport was $200 more each and they only fly us up to CLT anyway. So the savings is worth the drive.
    Tomorrow's plans are, arrive!, pick up rental car, pick up Mio, lunch at Iguana Joes, shopping at Ling & Sons, check in PBV. A long awaited rum drink on the beach! Dinner at Pelican's Nest, fireworks then crashing :-)
    All going well my next post will be from Paridise!!

Busy day tomorrow, but so worth it! We love Pelican's Nest, especially the grouper. Is this your boys' first trip?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Sounds like you have it all together! It will be a long day, hopefully you'll get a nap on the plane. Looking forward to your reports!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sounds like you are ready to roll
    enjoy your trip
    the boys will have a great time

Aruba since 1979
    safe and easy travels.
    cinnabon.......yum!

i look forward to reading of you and your family's adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev&Mo View Post
    I woke up way to early this morning! This time tomorrow we will be waiting at the airport. The boys have already requested Cinnabuns.
    I thought I'd take this report from a slightly different view. This won't be the romantic couple trip like we had last time. Traveling with 2 teenage boys (15 & 17) will have it's challenges.
    We have several activities planned to keep them busy with enough down time for us to enjoy drinks on the beach.
    We are staying at Paridise Beach Villas on Eagle Beach. We are owners at La Cabana but needed a 2/2 with the boys and were able to get a great trade deal and will still be next door.
    I have lists literally every where! The suitcases are lined up and other than a few last minute items they are ready. I was literally counting underwater for each of them last night ;-p The dogs have their reservation to be dropped off at their spa today. I have a folder with all our important papers (passports, flight, reservation confirmations...) I remembered to make copies of our passports and credit cards and my daughter has those. I've called all the credit card companies. Made a good choice to go to the bank for cash yesterday. Found out they are closed today.
    I'll finish last minute things today. An early take out dinner so I won't have to clean the kitchen again! Then hopefully to bed early to get some sleep before we leave at 3 am. We are outside Columbia, SC and driving 1 1/2 hour to Charlotte, NC to catch a direct flight. Touchdown schedule for 11:41! To go out of our local airport was $200 more each and they only fly us up to CLT anyway. So the savings is worth the drive.
    Tomorrow's plans are, arrive!, pick up rental car, pick up Mio, lunch at Iguana Joes, shopping at Ling & Sons, check in PBV. A long awaited rum drink on the beach! Dinner at Pelican's Nest, fireworks then crashing :-)
    All going well my next post will be from Paridise!!

Taking a break while the dryer finishes up the last load.
    This is the boys 1st trip out of the U.S. Steve & I were in Aruba shortly after he inherited the timeshare from his parents. We love it and plan to visit often when the boys are off on their own.
    We usually take 2-3 trips a year. This year we decided on this one big one. Our oldest will be graduating next year so it's his last family trip.
    We all plan to nap on the plane. I only sleep 6 hours anyway so I should be fine. The boys think they are staying up all night (which they do anyway). They can sleep anywhere!

I went with 5 teenage boys last year----if you have ANY questions let me know!! have fun----all the trips we have mad that one is going to always be a favorite!!! we had a blast!!! lol

Safe travels to you! So exciting to take the kids!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Nikko, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! We are going on Jolly Pirates, renting a jeep, I think I found teen friendly restaurants. If there are girls around they will be happy.

Time: dark, early morning! Got up at 2am, (I got 5 hours sleep, not bad), left house, 1 1/4 hour drive. (Constant "are we there yet from 15 yr old). from parking, taking tram, printing boarding passes, security and arriving at Cinnabuns took 45 minutes. The line at security now is awful! DH got his bag searched. Of course I packed everyone's. It was the powder Rum Punch mix now we wait. Flight at 7:35, arrive in Paridise at 11:41. For those traveling in large groups, I had called TSA about the liquid and meds. Because we went through together I was able to have them separated in bags but all in one large bag. The agent was very happy! She didn't really even look at them. So we sit and and DH keeps singing "I'm leaving on a jet plane..." How early are the bars open
    Last edited by Stev&Mo; 07-04-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast