Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11

Pelican's Nest Pictures

Food Pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg  

4th of July 2015

Independence Day Fireworks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg  

Sunday breakfast on the balcony

My new obsession, butter bread!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg  

Islander Grill La Cabana

Lunch at Islander Grill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg   Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-image.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    ahh food photos!!

thanks for sharing.....

continue to have fun!!!

Red face Lazy Sunday

Today was very laid back. Quiet time on the balcony this morning. We spent time on the beach. It has been windy but refreshing. The waves were average in our experience. We've spent lots of time on the gulf and east coast. The beaches here far exceed any of those. You can't find bluer water or whiter beaches. DS1's inner child came out and we tried to make a sand formation that ended up just a big blob that the waves washed over. He had just as much fun tearing it down as building it up. The pool was also refreshing. We stocked up on the I (heart) Aruba sunscreen which I thought was reasonably priced. The 50 SPF I think was about $8. I picked up the Aloe also and it was refreshing tonight.
    The guys ventured out to the go cart track by Ling & Sons. They had a blast! DS1 works for a local fun park and supervises those rides. He said these cars are unreal. Very powerful and the course was fun. They went on about drifting the turns, crashing into each other, spinning out in the dirt. DH said for adventurous guys it's a lot of fun but he felt like he'd been run over by the cars! He said they should have an age limit ;-) I'll have to go next time and take pictures. I enjoyed some shady pool time with a book.
    We wandered over to La Cabana (right next door). Talked to the front desk, explained we were owners, hadn't been in 10 years, were staying next door at PBV. They welcomed us with open arms. Gave us a tour of the renovations, our room and gave us member bands to use for the week. We had lunch at the Islander Grill. I always go light on lunch, had the nachos. DH & DS2 had the club sandwich & DS1 had this infamous cheeseburger with fried egg. And of course Rum Punch!
    We spent a little time in the pool but it was very crowded and lots of little kids. The boys wanted to go back to the beach so we did. Mostly lounged around. Haven't had any problems finding lounge chairs at the pools or beaches. We did notice an area blocked off for the turtles and are going to ask about those tomorrow.
    None of us were up to going out for dinner. We had planned on going over to Puzza Bob's but LaC had a pizza place on site so we walked back there. 2 large pies with left overs for lunch tomorrow.
    We spent sometime in the hot tub. More drinks. Watched the sunset. It was a little hazy tonight but I'll watch a sunset any day. More hot tub time at PBV and were able to talk to some nice tourist.
    Everyone has crashed. I'm always the last to bed and first to rise.
    Andrea, I see your point now about the Arubians enjoying the American chains. We did see in a flyer that McD's has a few different sandwiches than home and KFC has French fries. So they do seem to have their own twist.
    Tomorrow's plans are afternoon Jolly Pirate trip. The boys were asking all day about snorkeling. I had to get prescription masks so they could see. We tried them out at home before we left. I think we will have to drag them out of the water!
    Dinner is planned for MoomBas (not sure if I spelled that right).
    I hope the pictures I posted came out ok. If not, Andrea tell me what to do. I'm doing all of this on my phone!
    Until tomorrow!...
    Last edited by Stev&Mo; 07-05-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Great trip so far! I am sure your sons will love Jolly Pirates. I wanted to mention I had a tuna steak at Moomba on our last trip that was very good. It was a lunch special, but if you like tuna I would definitely recommend looking for it on their menu.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Gotta love a food diary and the fireworks photos came out great. Snorkeling should be fun. We did the Black Pearl trip and the kids on board had a blast. The Jolly Pirates was next to us and when we were done snorkeling we sat back and watched everyone on their rope swing.

since you got those masks and all----the stop jolly pirate makes that is by the shore(you'll understand this after you go...lol) go back there with the boys on your own....its called Malmok. there are amazing coves to explore and if you bring crackers or bread to feed the fish its a blast!!! then....and this is where the boys will love it....let them go rock diving! the tiny cliffs there are so much fun for them to jump off of into the water!!Aruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-dsc09322.jpgAruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-dsc09324.jpgAruba with Teen boys July 4 - 11-dsc09332.jpg they will love it!!!

Nikko, I'm loving your tips! We dont have teen boys, but my husband is pretty adventurous. After this trip report I have a feeling he will be doing go karts and cliff juming in November.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast